Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hay all you nitrous running freaks, I'm going to be getting the NOS, nitrous system from my friend off his H22. He's ganna give me everything the kit comes with for installation plus the purge kit, fpss, bottle heater, guages, and bottle opener(NOS or NX). The question I had for you guys was what kind of bottle opener should I take from him since he has both the NOS and the NX (he's only giving me one)? It's the NOS bottle so I'm not sure what opener was better, I've heard that the NOS openers leaked a little, not sure. Also for the nozzle, did i have to get a different type of shark nozzle for the NOS kit, or is the one he's using fine (I believe it's a black NOS nozzle)?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah it's a single wet kit. Well, since the nos ones seem to have a little problem, might as well take the NX bottle opener. I also had a question on how the bottle opener goes on top of the bottle, because he had installed another type of valve peace on top of the bottle, it's not the original NOS valve opener. He did this because he had dropped his bottle and it ended up breaking the original valve, so he replaced it with this other one. I guess I'll have to take pictures of it so you guys can tell me what to do, so I know if I need to get a diff type of valve or not. Thanks for all the help guys. :wavey: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
16,758 Posts
well, i'm not a fan of the nx one, but the nos one i bought is still sittin in the plastic.

the clutch on the nx one is either too soft ( won't open ) or too strong ( will close the bottle tighter than it can reopen )

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hum.. now I'm stuck between the two. I'll just let my friend decide which one would be best. I don't think he ever used the bottle openers that the thing.:dontknow: But I'll be busy shopping for the other small things first, like window switch, etc. I'll have everything together in about 2 weeks, so I'll just tell you guys how it goes. THanks for all your help!:D

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well today i just recieved all the little things for the system. I ended up taking the NOS bottle opener since it looked a little more solid (still not sure which opener works better:dontknow: ). The bottle opener itsn't installed yet, but he said i was going to need some kind of washer that goes between the bottle and the NOS opener. I have no clue what this washer does, can anyone help me out here?

Anyways, I'll post pics of the stuff I got, so you guys can tell me if I'll be needing anything else. So far I seem to have enough for the basic install. In need of a bottle heater and window switch, thats about it though. Thanks for all the help guys :thumbsup:

·
Registered
331 Posts
I was thinking of doing the same thing to my car...I know I've heard alot about the damage that might happen when you use NOS on engines. I was curious what, if any damage can be done to your car with a NOS system for the Type S.

·
Registered
16,758 Posts
damn you people.... it's NITROUS.

what damage? umm, well, byebye engine, clutch, maybe even tranny.

what good? well, you might get a little hp.

read the sticky and some other threads, then come back and ask educated nitrous questions, and we'd love to answer you.... however, the common stuff has been posted hundreds of times.

·
Banned
16,523 Posts
Sarg. Pepper said:
Nevermind bro.....thanks for playing..:rolleyes:
Nevermind thanks for playing?:dontknow:

I hope that wasnt supposed to be some kind of smartass comment because you're the one that came in here sounding like a n2o noob.

Don't cop an attitude because people are tired of answering the same questions over and over and over and over.

Read the sticky dude.

·
Registered
331 Posts
To be honest man...I've never used nos...just curious on what real damage it could do to my car. Then I explored this site and realized what it could do. It wasn't a smart ass comment as you so nicely put it. It was me saying thanks for the information and I kindly moved on to a different part of the site previously suggested so I can learn more about my "Noob knowledge towards n2o."

Talk about inner aggression!:firemad:

·
Registered
16,758 Posts
Randeezle said:
Nevermind thanks for playing?:dontknow:

I hope that wasnt supposed to be some kind of smartass comment because you're the one that came in here sounding like a n2o noob.

Don't cop an attitude because people are tired of answering the same questions over and over and over and over.

Read the sticky dude.
:iamwiths:

thanks dude. :thumbsup:

·
Banned
16,523 Posts
Sarg. Pepper said:
To be honest man...I've never used nos...just curious on what real damage it could do to my car. Then I explored this site and realized what it could do. It wasn't a smart ass comment as you so nicely put it. It was me saying thanks for the information and I kindly moved on to a different part of the site previously suggested so I can learn more about my "Noob knowledge towards n2o."

Talk about inner aggression!:firemad:
Riiight... "nevermind bro... thanks for playing:rolleyes: " means "thanks for the information"

that deserves a :rolleyes:

I honestly dont have any inner agression bro. I just have a problem with somebody coming into the thread not knowing jack... getting some helpful information from a moderator here and then copping attitude with them for no apparent reason.

And yes... if you refer to all nitrous as 'NOS' then joo are a n2o noob. Its not a negative term because at one point we all were in the dark on nitrous.

Knowledge is the key. Reading is your best bet.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Yeah...I know...my eyes are going crossed...I'm reading almost every post on this board! I'm almost done with the first section...Performance. I didn't know people were so critical here on this board. I guess I learned multiple things today. Like don't ask questions that I should know have been answered and never talk to anyone....yeah... I learn a lot. Either way...I honestly do appreaciate the advice on reading up on previous post. It is helping me make the right decisions on what steps I should take to mod. my car.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Oh come on guys can't we all just get along and help me with my N.O.S. install?(hehehe) But on the real Pepper, you did come in with a nice big attitude, but it's alright, we understand that you're new to nitrous and want to learn more about it. Everyone on this board is here to help, it's just that they are tired of answering the same old Q, when you could just click the SEARCH button. Sometimes the search doesn't help, in that case ask away. Look at this thread, it started off because I needed some help. So far so good.

(Taking my thread back) so anyways I just recieved everything I will be needing for my install. I just wanted to know why there is a white wire for the NOS bottle opener. My friend said that he didn't even use the white wire. How could you not use a wire that seems to be important to the function of the bottle opener? Any help, diagrams, can't seem to find the instructions anywhere.
Thanks again and again and again. PS will put up pics in about 2 days, don't have my camera on me.:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :D :laughing: :D :laughing: :D :laughing: :wavey:

·
Registered
16,758 Posts
well, i got mine chillin in the garage, i should be able to check later.... might be rolling down the hill today (skiing), so it might not be til later.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks WarmPepsi. No rush, I'm not planning on installing anything until I figure out how everything's going in. I'm a freakin neat freak, and I want everything to fit nice and clean. If you could find the instructions or just tell me what to do with that lonely white wire, that'll help me out lots. :)

·
Registered
16,758 Posts
well, i just took a look, and mine didn't come with any "instructions" so to speak. i'm assuming that when current goes through the red wire, it's open, and through the white, it's closed...... those may be swapped, but i'm sure you get the idea....... and black is grounded.

·
Registered
16,758 Posts
UPDATE!

i called holley. talk about some good tech support :thumbsup:

link to PDF of the instructions i never got.

http://www.warmpepsi.com/rsx/A5093-SNOS.pdf

save it, i'm not gonna host it forever.

but i'm out to play with it, because when i swapped the red and white wires.....it opened/closed. if thats the case, i'll wire it that way, since my nx opener worked the same way. (swapping positive with neg to switch motor direction)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts