Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
5/25/2012 - PS Flush.. Sort of....

Did the old fluid swap out today for NEW, but I had used the turkey baster method to remove and refill the container. Started the car, shut it off.. Sucked out the fluid, add the new fluid.
Think I will need to do this a few times before it comes out clear.

Look how OLD & DARK the fluid was.....

and again.........

·
ABP type S
1,414 Posts
5/25/2012 - PS Flush.. Sort of....

Did the old fluid swap out today for NEW, but I had used the turkey baster method to remove and refill the container. Started the car, shut it off.. Sucked out the fluid, add the new fluid.
Think I will need to do this a few times before it comes out clear.

Look how OLD & DARK the fluid was.....

and again.........
Maintenance is good but can we expect any nice mods to the appearance or performance? I'm surprised how much corrosion there is under your hood, looking at the bracket on the PS fluid reservoir. But anyway good work so far.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
iallan, this is going to be a slow progress build, from what I do/did when I purchased the car to ending.
Regarding the rust.. The previous owner lived in ottawa and, i take it he didn't park it underground or in a garage, but was outside alot. So, i think you can make sense right there as to why so much rusting, it's not too bad, but will need care to restore it back.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #33 (Edited)
5/29/2012 - Bolt issues today. What a pain in the butt!!

The other day my bro tells me i was leaking something on his driveway and i thought, ok i had just changed the tranny oil. Maybe some excess fluid trapped somewhere just dripping out. Sure enough , looked underneath and it was sweating!! WTF!!
Had to take the bolt out and noticed something was missing, the bloody washer. So off to Acura to get a washer for it..

Then, was doing an oil change. Bloody OIL DRAIN BOLT SEIZED. FUK!!! Couldn't remove that.
Had to go and get it cracked loose so I could finish the job.
The washer was even seized onto the bolt. Couldn't even remove that!! finished the job, went onto the oil filter was SEIZED on tight too..WTF!! Had to struggle with trying to crack that loose too.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
6/22/2012 - VTEC Solenoid screen, o-ring & guard replacement

So, I pulled out my VTEC solenoid last night and like everything else on the car, its rusted of course..

a shot from the car with it off...What is with all the dark oily residue substance around the block??

and. Another shot...

---------------------------------------------------

Also, i'm cleaning the hood insulation mat, took it off, dusted it.
every time i open the hood, i would hear tiny particles of debris & sand trickling down the hood and coming out from under..WTF!! so i decided to remove the mat and clean it all.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts