Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

81 - 100 of 166 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
damn, nice catching some rust before it becomes worse!

I recommend checking underneath the car behind the driver and passenger seat where there is a rubber strip to channel air under the car. That seems to be a trouble spot for cars that have had any road salt exposure.
Yes, have you scrolled to page 3 i believe you'll see what i did, but its not working.. can u suggest something?

·
typespilot
449 Posts
Yes, have you scrolled to page 3 i believe you'll see what i did, but its not working.. can u suggest something?
I would suggest sanding away what is visible, then coating it with a rust encapsulator, follow manufacturers instructions and then topcoat with the undercoating of your choice. I wish all cars came with a heavy duty line-X coating from the factory!

keep up the good work man!

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
it's already late but why yonaka?
I wanted it because , it's the most stock sounding exhaust out there, i didn't want anything raspy. based on all videos i found on youtube, this is the most subtle, but deep when need be note to it..

video to follow......

·
Registered
734 Posts
9/10/17 - inserting dash rubber to stop annoying rattle

Hey im trying to figure something out for my rattle too... did that rubber work? Looks like its a lil thick? Let me know how it goes. I remember on my last rsx when i was getting my windshield replaced i asked to step in and lay some type of cloth all across the dash and it worked perfect... not one rattle after that. But then again that was with the windshield off... let me know your progress wish you luck!

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
Hey im trying to figure something out for my rattle too... did that rubber work? Looks like its a lil thick? Let me know how it goes. I remember on my last rsx when i was getting my windshield replaced i asked to step in and lay some type of cloth all across the dash and it worked perfect... not one rattle after that. But then again that was with the windshield off... let me know your progress wish you luck!
I had just did it today...So, i have not had a chance to test it, but we are expecting chills in the morning soon so, i'll see how it reacts with that.
there was a thread here, i got the idea from and ordered it off eBay.
it does appear alittle thick

·
Registered
25 Posts
I know this exhaust! My friend from DSRLeasing installed it some time ago and told me about it. It really does work very quiet. Will order it myself possibly :)

·
R.I.P. '02 RSX (Sold)
1,739 Posts
Looks good.

What I hate about getting new bolts (or refreshed) when you put them back on, they get little knicks from the socket.

81 - 100 of 166 Posts