Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Hello World
6,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good read, but it's such a poor generalization. "Loud bike/car, small weiner" :rotfl:
May 16, 2009

Comments on this story (17)
MARK RICHARDSON
I was sitting on the patio of the Hard Rock Café at Dundas Square last week, enjoying an afternoon with friends. My motorcycle was parked alongside another bike on the road, just on the other side of the patio railing; our conversation was loud, to compensate for the music from the speakers above the tables. Good times.

But then the other motorcycle rider decided to leave. He put on his helmet, turned the key in the ignition and thumbed the Harley's starter button.

BAMMBAMMBAMMBAMM!!

The bike was so loud that everybody jumped. The man at the table beside us dropped his phone. A woman walking inside the restaurant dropped her glass in shock. I swear the windows rippled from the shock waves.

The Harley rider never looked back, but he cracked the throttle a few times and you can be sure that he was watching in the mirrors through his shades. When he rode away, everybody on the patio was stunned. "Could you believe that? I've never heard anything so loud!" said the guy who'd dropped his phone.

"He must be compensating for something," said his partner. "What can you do with an idiot like that?" asked somebody else, except the word wasn't "idiot."

Well, the Australians came up with a retort a couple of years ago, with an ad campaign designed to discourage young men from speeding. In the "Pinky" TV ads, which you can watch online, women wiggle their little fingers at guys in fast cars to suggest their driving is compensating for small penises.

The Australian campaign was a great success in raising awareness of the issues of speeding. The New South Wales Roads and Traffic Authority that commissioned the ad cited research that showed seven out of 10 people were aware of the campaign.

"Getting told just doesn't work, but getting humiliated might," said one young woman surveyed by the report. "This `pinky' empowers us to gesture our disapproval of their actions."

Obviously, the subjects don't like it much. "If you have a modified car and drive safely on the roads, everyone still has a go at you like in the ad just because you are young and from the kind of car you are driving, even when you are stopped at lights or in traffic," says one commentator to the video on YouTube. "I get the small dick wiggle finger at least three times a day. I'm sick of it."

The kid has a point. Slammed cars and hot hatches with show-stopping modifications and paint jobs don't mean that their drivers are automatically guilty of illegal or even just selfish behaviour. Despite the Fast and Furious reputations, most are not street racers. But unlike those cars, loud pipes are anti-social, inconsiderate and just ridiculous.

There are laws against loud exhaust pipes, but they're difficult for cops to enforce. Unless the muffler can be shown to be illegal by having no baffle in it, then it's up to the police officer to demonstrate to a judge that the noise it created was offensive. That's a subjective matter, tough to prove. And frankly, cops have better things to do.

So maybe we should take matters literally into our own hands. I certainly don't recommend that anybody walk up to a gang of bikers with loud pipes and wiggle their little fingers at them. But maybe, just maybe, if everyone wiggled their little fingers at each other whenever a loud muffler cracks open and spoils their afternoon, the message might get through.

The guy at the Hard Rock sure wouldn't want to squint through his shades into his mirrors and see that now, would he?

Mark Richardson is the editor of Wheels. [email protected]

TORONTO STAR

·
Yowtai Pedobear in Action
14,817 Posts
Good read, but it's such a poor generalization. "Loud bike/car, small weiner" :rotfl:
i thought all CRSX members have 12" pen0r

is this article trying to prove otherwise?

·
dbl-O
5,500 Posts
i can imagine the bikers on harleys would act vengefully if they saw you do it and knew what it meant...

·
dbl-O
5,500 Posts
but yeah, they're so freakin annoying

·
Yowtai Pedobear in Action
14,817 Posts

·
bɹo˙ʎʇɹɐduoɯ&#4
10,428 Posts
i thought all CRSX members have 12" pen0r

is this article trying to prove otherwise?
:iamwiths: and we all date super models

·
fucks.given =< 0;
3,773 Posts
my exhaust is stock but has a dual flapper system so when you go full throttle the exhaust gets bigger on the inside.........................

·
Billy McPhail
774 Posts
I've always had the reasoning to point out when a harley blasts by us and leaves us half deaf...yet I see kids in their civics pulled over steady for their fart cannons.

Point being, cops both like harleys and are scared to annoy the bikers.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.