Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So last summer I had baseball sized hail attack my car and I've been looking into different PDR techniques. The glue pulling method looks to be easiest so far, from what I've been researching. I know for sure that the hood is beyond repair and will need to be replaced, but I want to try to get as many of the other dents out as possible without having to take it to a shop and pay out lots of money. :rain:
I think I get how to perform the whole procedure and would need a tool set similar to this. http://www.toolsource.com/prod_medium/129631.jpg

Does anyone with experience with this kind of work and know how well this works and if it's something I, with no prior PDR experience, would be able to pull off?

I don't know much about body repair, but I would also consider a bondo treatment and plasti dip the whole thing. I just want it to look nice and clean again. :)

Any suggestions or tips would be greatly appreciated. :pray:
or if anyone has a pdr hookup in or close to stl that would be great too. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
I recall seeing a video of someone using the glue method on YouTube, and even a write up about it possibly in the DIY section on this site. Sorry I can't provide any direct links.

Overall opinion was it was slightly better than doing nothing. The results were by no means perfect. Dent location mattered. Relatively flat surfaces worked better than areas with contours.

·
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea I was thinking it'd be good if I can at least smooth it out some. The car being white helps hide them until you get up close, but since I know they're there it's the first thing I see all the time and it kills me. I can be a bit of a perfectionist myself. lol.
I will search around a bit more and see if I can find that write up. Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Glue Pulling

If you buy a glue pulling kit it looks deceptively easy. you can help out a dent but to fix it fully you will need to get a local dent guy to help you out before you try to pull it your self. If you want to fix it yourself I have found some beginners glue pulling sets on Ebay that would work pretty good for one time use kind of thing. there is a seller that has some of the best glue I have ever used. The Handle is pdrtoolsandsupply sometimes they have glue tabs and sticks together for sale. There is a company in your area that is pretty good also carmedic.net you can find someone who services your area.

J

·
Super Moderator
23,895 Posts
Tiny dents don't work. Glue pulling only worked for big dents.
At least for me. The smaller the dent the less it did anything for.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Usually small dents are too sharp or they have a pointed bottom in which case you would need to use a dent tool from the inside to get it out. Also some glues work better in warmer or colder temperatures. If you clean the area with rubbing compound befor applying the glue it helps a lot. I would use denatured alcohol or 90% alcohol to remove the glue from the paint or the glue tabs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts