Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Future C.F.O.
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Freakin' I just washed, clay bared, detailed, and wax my car Yesterday! After 14 miles of freeway driving I have freakin' bug splats all over my bumper. The weather has been very warm these few days, so the freakin' bugs all come out and play! argh! :firemad:

How can I prevent this?! I can't think of a way to keep my car clean from tat stuff.

·
Premium Member
20,800 Posts
The ugly but effective solution: Nose bra.

The nicer but more time consuming solution
- Always keep a nice fresh coat of wax or polish on you car to keep it slippy and to stop any damage from getting to the paint.

- Use a bug and tar remover to clean up their guts regularly. As long as you clean them off quickly (end of each day) they don't stick too bad, and damage to your wax is minimal.

- Once you use a bug remover to clean off the graveyard, use a glosser or detailer to restore shine to your finish.

That should only take a few minutes. It's a pain, but it's nicer than a goofy bra.

·
Premium Member
20,800 Posts
hoking-RsxS said:
or you can drive without your bumper=)
1 problem: Radiator.

Have you ever had to clean bugs out of an engine bay. It's the absolute worst. I drove through Montana once in the old Neon.

Bugs in the air filter, bugs clogging up the little intake piece that went to the filter, bugs in the radiator fins, bugs all over the engine bay.
You could smell the bugs in there.
And that wasn't counting all the bugs on the nose and windshield.

The horror... the horror :nervous:
But it's a red Neon, maybe they thought it was a giant ladybug so all the bugs came to say hello.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts