Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
ALL MOTOR
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok i decide to go the supercharged route,i think im gonna be the first and only one here in Puerto Rico with a supercharged RSX and thats why i need ur help guys
MODS:

internal:
eagle rods,block sleeved with darton sleeves,wiseco pistons 11.7:1>87mm,k20A head and intake manifold

external:
injen CAI,hondata IM gasket,AEM pulleys

tranny:
k20A flywheel, ACT stage 2 clutch and OEM preassure plate

others: ingals TD,eibach sportline springs and ingals rear camberkit

last dyno run "week ago"" 190whp 142tq

questions:
1) can i supercharge my car with that compresion ratio?
2)how far can i go""PSI"" with my current mods?
3)i know that right now i need k-pro,race header and exhaust to support the supercharger, what else i need?

thx guys

·
K24 > K20
4,605 Posts
ok i decide to go the supercharged route,i think im gonna be the first and only one here in Puerto Rico with a supercharged RSX and thats why i need ur help guys
MODS:

internal:
eagle rods,block sleeved with darton sleeves,wiseco pistons 11.7:1>87mm,k20A head and intake manifold

external:
injen CAI,hondata IM gasket,AEM pulleys

tranny:
k20A flywheel, ACT stage 2 clutch and OEM preassure plate

others: ingals TD

last dyno run "week ago"" 190whp 142tq

questions:
1) can i supercharge my car with that compresion ratio?
2)how far can i go""PSI"" with my current mods?
3)i know that right now i need k-pro,race header and exhaust to support the supercharger, what else i need?

thx guys
1 - Yes
2 - About 15 since thats the highest the blower will put out at max rpm.
3 - Read Sticky/Search

·
zomg zomg
3,009 Posts
You will need motor mounts, or atleast energy suspention inserts, the TD alone wont be enough.

·
SC Crew #20
1,675 Posts
k-pro and motor mounts are necessary. You need spark plugs (NGK BREIX8 or soemthing like that is what a lot of people run)

·
Hawks
5,634 Posts
first off if u want anymore help we need more pics of whoever is in ur avatar.

i would def. get kpro. i would do that before you go any furthur. kpro is a most even before you get a blower.

if i was you i would go with 9-11 psi. should see some pretty good numbers with that and if the motors built it should be able to take it.

here is my thread that i started
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?p=15786887#post15786887

hey guys why does everyone recommend motor mounts so much? im not sure i really understand?

·
Been there & gone back
2,315 Posts
They recommend the MM because your motor is putting down a lot more power than stock. The motor under hard acceleration is trying to get out of the hood and can move around and cause things such as your header to bang around which can of course cause damage. Innovative mounts not only are stronger but have less vibration than the inserts as well. If you want to make sure your mounts and goodies under the hood dont break then upgrade to MM. The 60A street innovatives are a good place to go.

tmartin

·
www.magtuning.com
15,007 Posts
Of course you can run a lot of PSI with the eaton S/C on high compression pistons, you just need resistance to knock/detonation which is colder spark plugs(8 or higher), high octane, and water/meth injection.

Look in to it.

·
ALL MOTOR
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
thx for ur opinions guys....regarding the MM i got my stocks ones filled with polyurethane and the girl in my avatar is my girlfriend "yeah right"...back to the topic>i know that k-pro is a must before everything,i think im gonna buy things in this order
1)SC/k-pro,injectors,belts,sparkplugs etc...
2)race header
3)exhaust

my goal is to get everything by may this year and run 7-8PSI the safest way possible cause i use my car as a daily driver.....some new questions
1)opinions about the redshifts SC......?
2)i never heard about the eaton SC....?
3)do i need a new tensioner?
4)240whp+ is a realistic goal running 7psi with my mods and good tune?
5)wich crank pulley work better k20A or k20a2?got the A installed right know and the A2 laying around somewhere

·
doesn't even have an RSX
28,924 Posts
1)opinions about the redshifts SC......?
Not out yet. Expected results are greater than the "normal" roots blowers from JR and CT.

2)i never heard about the eaton SC....?
To keep it simple I'll just say Eaton is a manufacturer of the Eaton M62 blower. This is what's being used on the CTSC and JRSC kits out.

3)do i need a new tensioner?
Static tensioner can work just fine. After so much psi though, ~9 and up, too much pressure on the static tensioner may cause it to snap. It's not "common" per say, but it has/done happened.

4)240whp+ is a realistic goal running 7psi with my mods and good tune?
Yes

5)wich crank pulley work better k20A or k20a2?got the A installed right know and the A2 laying around somewhere
Don't know why have a K20A one installed now the A2's CP is bigger and yeilds higher boost, comparitively speaking of course.

·
www.magtuning.com
15,007 Posts
1. Redshift is great, but personally I think its over priced, still not released

2. Eaton is what the JRSC and Comptech S/C are

3. The kit should come with a new tensioner, I don't have a S/C so I can't really say for sure..

4. Yes, thats realistic, hell, shoot for more since you have higher compression pistons..

5. Find your A2

1 - 19 of 19 Posts