Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

What truck should I buy?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
22,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just like the title states I'm selling the rsx and buying a truck. I need a truck for multiple reasons. I'm looking at a Toyota Tacoma crewcab 4x4, Nissan Frontier crewcab 4x4, Honda Ridgeline AWD, Ford F150 crewcab 4x4, Chevy Silverado crewcab 4x4. I want something somewhat midsize being the ford and chevy the largest of the group. I want something my age, 23. So what would everyone pick and explain why.

Talk about the resale of each, MPG, appearance, and anything else. I need help singling down my choices.

Thanks for the help.

·
AWD Member
1,989 Posts
my neighbor had an F150
it was pretty awesome, but i have no idea how reliable it is.

·
why so serious
547 Posts
i would go with either a toyota tacoma, or nissan frontier

my friend has a tacoma and is very sharp, you have the reliability of a truck 4x4 etc, not as big as a normal pick up leading to best gas, and still pretty sporty looking, also on top, you have TRD for performance up grades

personally

I would go frontier because IMO it looks that much nicer then the tacoma, about the same size, not terrible on gas AWD, but comes with the nice looking roof rack, still get a sun roof, nice bolt on looking fenders, the bed im not 100% sure comes with the utility track which is awesome, have the bed extender, and bed divider all over a very useful bed on the truck

so there ya go GL with your purchase

·
Chįlläxn
1,620 Posts
I would go with toyota tacoma. Ridgelines aren't that bad neither, but i gotta tell ya they don't got balls. (Based from my 2 years of experience, i work @ a honda dealership) But don't get me wrong, if you're looking for functionality and reliability and at the same time can accomodate 4 to 5 adults (or the whole family) then ridgeline is right for you. Just my 2 cents.

·
353 Posts
I like the dodge ram, they are selling the 08 models dirt cheap right now. they also have the unlimited mile powertrain warranty, plus i think they look the best. The resale value wont be too great, if you want resale value i would go with the toyota.

·
Murderator
23,101 Posts
Tundra

F-150 would be my second choice.

...and ibmove
This thread has nothing to do with general RSX discussion...

·
Southern Discomfort
6,290 Posts
The Chevy.

Why? Because I have owned one and loved the looks, power and ride it had. My best friend and dad have both had F-150's and my dads had several problems before he finally got rid of it ( rear end would scream if you put any kind of payload in the bed or hauled a trailor). The problems were covered under warrenty but who wants a new truck that is always in the shop? His F-250 has also had several warrenty fixes too. One of the warrenty fixes was upwards od $6K!

·
Southern Discomfort
6,290 Posts
without a doubt they do and I know it could happen to any brand but I am sharing my personal experiances with Ford trucks. I have never owned a Toyota or Nissan Truck so I cant speak for them. If you do a web search you will find all kinds of storys's, recalls and issues on any vehicle.

·
I fight for the SYSTEM
18,625 Posts
Tacoma; i looked at everything chevy, ford, honda, toyota, nissan, dodge, and even mitsubishi had to offer in terms of trucks and the tacoma fit the bill.

·
Blown is Better
3,107 Posts
also on top, you have TRD for performance up grades

Overpriced "performance" upgrades. If he wants to upgrade the Chevy and Ford have 10 times the aftermarket of the rest combined.

Anyways, Taco's are great but get an older one. New ones are nice but are NOT as well built and the older V6's run forever. Chevy with a 5.3L would have just about everything covered though IFS with a 4x4 means a truck that looks like it needs a lift kit. Ford with a 5.4L won't be anything sporty but will have gobs of torque and have the toughest rear axle of the group. Frontiers are fine and can tow very well for their size. Ridgeline should be dropped from the list.

·
Swimmy,swammy,sampsonite
12,472 Posts
Chevy/GM without a doubt.. engine is awesome.. best gas mileage in the whole segment youve shown.. also read up on consumer reports about it.. they gave it good ratings.. especially the motor with DOD

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.