Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
www.philosobrah.com
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey im going to the court where it says on the ticket tomorow to see if i can reduce my ticket.
this is my story

Couple weeks ago I had 4 people in the car. we are turning left on a light in shawnessy. there was a big truck on the other turning lane and we waited a while because we couldnt see around it. once we thought it was clear I proceeded to go, and just as we turned and almost made the turn this red car came out of nowhere and hit us. my fault.

so after everything, the cop there gives me a $400 ticket for careless driving..

suggestions please

·
Semi Kind of Retired
222,529 Posts
Just be straight up with the judge.

Plead guilty. explain your story. say that you're sorry and it wont happen again.

Usually this gets you off with a lesser fine, or pbj

·
Suh dude
14 Acura ILX Tech
25,974 Posts
probation before judgment. plead guilty with explanation, say i couldnt see behind the truck and i made the poor decision to make the left turn and not yield to on coming traffic. i am surprised the cop wrote you up for that its usually a 75 dollar ticket and it is failure to to yield not careless driving. hope it goes well for you. remember. say yes your honor be polite don't lie don't cut him off. listen to what he has to say.

·
www.philosobrah.com
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
im not quite sure if its exactly a judge that im seeing but like its the date on the ticket so im seeing if i can get it reduced there. I heard its like u walk into a office and see the JP and talk to him about what you want done.

·
Retired OG
100,341 Posts
probation before judgment. plead guilty with explanation, say i couldnt see behind the truck and i made the poor decision to make the left turn and not yield to on coming traffic. i am surprised the cop wrote you up for that its usually a 75 dollar ticket and it is failure to to yield not careless driving. hope it goes well for you. remember. say yes your honor be polite don't lie don't cut him off. listen to what he has to say.
are you a cop?

1,493 Posts
1,493 Posts
to the TS I would imagine if you just plead guilty that ticket will get brought down to failure to yeild. or possibly just dropped alltogether

·
Retired OG
100,341 Posts
you havent figured it out by now? he's the only one that gets butthurt when people talk trash about cops. (no offense, stylesp :) )
I have heard people mention that but I figured I'd ask him. I must not be in the threads he is in most of the time.

·
Registered
125 Posts
It is your fault because you turned in front of oncoming traffic (automatically always your fault) but like what everyone said above, be very polite. yes sirs or yes your honor all the way. Also wear a fricking dress shirt and tie. I have only been to court 2 times and each time I wore a nice dress shirt and tie and my tickets were dropped where as people came in with torn and frayed jeans and t-shirts and they got the entire fine. lol

·
Semi Kind of Retired
222,529 Posts
It is your fault because you turned in front of oncoming traffic (automatically always your fault) but like what everyone said above, be very polite. yes sirs or yes your honor all the way. Also wear a fricking dress shirt and tie. I have only been to court 2 times and each time I wore a nice dress shirt and tie and my tickets were dropped where as people came in with torn and frayed jeans and t-shirts and they got the entire fine. lol
Good point. I wore a shirt + tie for my speeding ticket and i got off with a PBJ (no not peanut butter and jelly like someone said lol )

1 - 19 of 19 Posts