Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

· Registered
225 Posts
Um... :eek: Anyone else ever use baby oil? It's a lot cheaper than the regular tire products out there, and I've experimented with it for the past month or so with (IMO) pretty good results.... :dontknow:

· Rice Rocket to Musclecar
191 Posts
While it says not to get any of the tire gloss on the tread, I'd be willing to bet it's even more dangerous to put baby oil on your tires! The root of that is oil!

;)

· Registered
225 Posts
7900RPM said:
While it says not to get any of the tire gloss on the tread, I'd be willing to bet it's even more dangerous to put baby oil on your tires! The root of that is oil! ;)
Gimmie a little credit: No, of course I don’t get it on the tread. I apply it with one of those Tire Swipe sponges, just like I used to do with the more expensive, specialty tire gloss—which, to me, smelled suspiciously like baby oil...and so that’s where I got the idea in the first place. The end results look indistinguishable from the regular tire gloss products that I've used, and the baby oil seems to adhere in a very similar fashion (in other words, it doesn't splash off or anything).

· Porsche Club of America
480 Posts
I use the Cheap Tire Sparay. As Long as it in a Can and its a Spray Not Foam it works well. Its Cheap and i do it about every 3 days for that greta wet look. Ive also used Meguaries Hot Stuff. That is Proablly one of the best. It looks really deep and dark and Has an Adjustable nozzle so u dont overspray great buy at target 4.99 i think.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.