Master Baiter
3,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
so i painted my stockies about 2 weeks ago and bondoed some curbage :(
but it looks good now .. color is still holding up with no fading

7 layer of paint
5 layer of clear
+ 2 jacks -_- no jackstands
= 11 hours of work (only able to do 2 at a time)

longggg ass night

YES I NO I NEED A DROP IM WORKING ON BC n+ COILOVERS

im trying guys

this job doesnt take much skill .. just alott of time and patience heres the steps i did it in

1 - jack car up on jackstands in order to take wheels off of car
2 - spray water all over the wheel with a hose
3 - begin to wet sand with 100 grit paper, then 600 grit and then 1000 grit paper to smooth out the scratches
4 - spray wheels again in order to get the left over dust and what not from sanding and then dry it
5 - once dry, put index card all around the wheels for painting i only used 1 coat of primer, u could use alot but there's relaly no need to
6 - after 30 mins of letting the primer dry, start to spray the paint on ur wheel; working from the outside to the inside LIGHT COATS ... dont want to apply to much on one coat because it will bleed and color will not look flush
7 - after my 7th coat of paint (30 min waiting between each) i started to do 5 coats of clear .... some rules apply, 30 mins each coat and light coating

after that u'll be good, make sure u do not clean or rub the wheels for atleast 2-3 days in order to allow proper drying

well enjoy hope u like it

months later ......

·
Master Baiter
3,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
^^ ahah thats gonna be a problem because my family is leaving for vietnam tomorrow and they're taking the camera with them ... i'll try to snap a couple tomorrow morning for u :thumbsup:

·
Wanna see my war face?
9,528 Posts
kinda has the STI look with the gold rims and blue color
looks nice as hell though
+rep

1 - 20 of 79 Posts