Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
lookin for a replica lip kit that is the same style as aspec or type r, wanting somethin cheap because If i'm going to have to paint it and the lip is already expensive, then i may as well just buy the pre painted lips from acura. I've been looking on ebay but its hard to tell who has quality stuff. Looking for someone who has experience in buying what there recomending. Obviously want something with good fitment though. Also wonderin how much it would be to get the kit installed and painted, i'm hearing around 2-300, thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
I bought an aspec front lip replica off of ebay, fitment was perfect (material was polyurethane). seller was Bayson R (sorry I can't find an ebay link) but it was 64 dollars + shipping. Came in less than 2 days and I live in Hawaii.

Today I went in for a price quote to paint my mugen rear lip (I know its not aspec but not much diff) he quoted me at 300$ with installation, but I know people get it for much cheaper.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'd just recommend buying it new, or used oem. Chances are, even used you could find it in your color. And if you really don't know how to instal it yourself, or have a friend that will help, I'm sure theres a diy post on this site for that.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd just recommend buying it new, or used oem. Chances are, even used you could find it in your color. And if you really don't know how to instal it yourself, or have a friend that will help, I'm sure theres a diy post on this site for that.
i've been wanting to find a used oem one in my color, or even a used replica painted my color. I don't rele care to have it brand new because to be honest my car doesn't look brand new. But in all these months on clubrsx i haven't been able to find any painted nbp.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
didn't wanna start another new thread so i just thought i'd ask again, wondering how much it costs to paint a full lip kit, i know its gonna vary but lookin for an approximate price.

·
Kevin★05 DC5-S
6,108 Posts
didn't wanna start another new thread so i just thought i'd ask again, wondering how much it costs to paint a full lip kit, i know its gonna vary but lookin for an approximate price.
including installation, $800~$1000

Decent and expensive shop will cost you more than $1K.

·
Registered
379 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
if its that much for a paint and install i wonder if its worth buying replica parts that are unpainted rather then oem ones that are painted already

·
Registered
714 Posts
sweet link, anyone know where i can get a replica back lip?

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
just paid 1275 at the dealership for an oem lip kit, did i overpay? I just realized that if i ordered it from acuraoemparts.com it would have only cost me 1033. The lip kit is supposed to come in tomorrow at the dealership, do you guys think they would refund me, any one have experience with the acura service department.

·
Registered
61,558 Posts
1 - 20 of 29 Posts