Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
If ur not 1st ur last
6,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yea I was just doing a datlog with my race gas and bam I hear a little noise..The car keeps going fine and power seems about the same. I pull over to teh gas station and HOLY shit no power stearing!, I barely make the turn wihtout hitting the sidewalk.

I pop my hood and there's liquid all over my engine...It's horrible :(

·
Premium Member
67,108 Posts
sorry to hear...but...what are you gonna do?

·
If ur not 1st ur last
6,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The car is just parked right now...I just had enough with it right now...I'll fix the problem but if I have one or two more big problems like this in teh future The Charger is going off...

·
Premium Member
67,108 Posts
why don't you get rid of the power steering?

·
If ur not 1st ur last
6,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Would that even benefit me? Would it make me a little faster or what?

no but seriosuly driving with no power steering is hard...Making those turns is a workout!.

·
Boostifed
4,828 Posts
your lucky it didnt catch fire!!

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
that sucks man. i assume that it is your ps hose? same thing happen to me. try calling comptech and see if they will help u out. when shad was there he had a brand new one sent to me. or try to find out, but im pretty sure that the 05-06 ps hoses are made better if they will fit the 02-04's.

·
If ur not 1st ur last
6,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Man I dont know where it busted I'm trying to look for it right now....Yes I'm trying to clean it up.

·
Retired OG
147,491,197 Posts
build those forearms and deal without the power steering or replace that hose...

·
Old School
3,823 Posts
Check the hose adapter where it bolts to the pump. Where the metal hose is connected to the adapter is where it most likely fractured. It's a hairline fracture but fluid should seep out of it when the pump is running. My cure when mine broke...a new stainless line made from the OEM hose.

·
2 Peter 1:2
271 Posts
Mine broke in the exact same place during a hot lapping session at Little Talledega.....and my car is not S/C'd. Poor design.

·
Boostifed
4,828 Posts
its bc it has not flex there and its is weak.. .someone should make one out of strong alum.. haha

·
If ur not 1st ur last
6,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So I guess I just have to clean it up and drive like that...THis car is little by little becoming more of a pain in the ass.

Fuck it I'll get something better and faster next summer...Maybe an EVO 10 or something that I dont have to Supercharge to be fast. Hopefully that new AWD eclipse is out I wouldnt mind getting that....

I'll just turn this RSX into an ALL out DRagster..lol yea I'm kidding. I'll run high mid 12s with no power steering and call it a day lol.

·
referred to Subaru
4,252 Posts
happened to me 3xs. you can use the broken one to get one customed. i'll be doing that soon.

·
2006 mustang GT 5spd
1,571 Posts
Lil Cruizer said:
So I guess I just have to clean it up and drive like that...THis car is little by little becoming more of a pain in the ass.

Fuck it I'll get something better and faster next summer...Maybe an EVO 10 or something that I dont have to Supercharge to be fast. Hopefully that new AWD eclipse is out I wouldnt mind getting that....

I'll just turn this RSX into an ALL out DRagster..lol yea I'm kidding. I'll run high mid 12s with no power steering and call it a day lol.
yeah this car is certainly a pain in the ass. in the last six months, my car has been up and running for maybe 1-2. if it's not the belt shredding, or an oil leak, it's something else. always something.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts