Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
pro lurker
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
just got back from my local Target and they have everything like %75 off of holiday items.

i picked up the zymol & megiuars gift pack for $8 each.

they were at $39.99

i looked on ebay and some people are selling them for like $30 + $10 ship.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=43997&item=2451613066

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=50450&item=2451852146

just wanna know if you guys think its a good deal. they also come neatly packaged in wood boxes for storing purposes.

right now i use zaino for wax, lexol for leather, and megiuars soap. so in my opinion im using better products right now, but i couldn't resist the LOW LOW price. i just bought the gel tire shine from megiuars for like $7 and im like damn $1 more and i get this whole kit.

anyways what do u people thiink? keep or return?

edit: for those who dont wanna click:

·
pro lurker
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
did u click the links? there the same ones on ebay. box set of both.

i could take pics but people already have them on ebay so i linked to them.

·
pro lurker
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
RJC RSX said:
costco has the best deal on zymol
wut kinda deal?

cause i dont see anyway of getting all or more product for $8?

each thing in there is like $8+ sepratly and u dont get no cool wood box either:D

·
Banned
10,065 Posts
nevermind that is a really good deal, i didn't see the $8 when i posted, did you edit that in?

was this at the spingfield mall target? do you know if it's still going on?

·
pro lurker
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
RJC RSX said:
nevermind that is a really good deal, i didn't see the $8 when i posted, did you edit that in?

was this at the spingfield mall target? do you know if it's still going on?

nope that was not edited in , just the pics.

yup springfield mall target, i was there last night and they had about 20 of each left. so im sure u can get ur hands on one. they also have an "armor all" one but anything amorall sux ass so i didn't get one.

the zymol was originally $49.99, and the megiuars was $39.99.

then b4 christmas sale they dropped to $39.99 for zymol, and $29.99 for megiuars. now they are $8.60 for zymol, and $7.40 for megiuars. everything christmas is dirt cheap at the moment:thumbsup:

·
i ❤ macro.
15,894 Posts
So you bought the Zymol kit and the Meguiar's kit? I'd keep them if you got a good deal. I'm jealous. :)

Just remember to use the systems separately (try not to combine the Zymol wash with the Meguiar's wax, as an example). You'll see better results this way.

I wish there was a Target by me! The small Walmart by me doesn't have that kind of stuff.

·
pro lurker
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
im sticking with my zaino wax, meguiars crystal wash, and lexol/vinylex.

but when i do run out i have these kits.(which will be soon)

zymol comes with cleaner wax, and the meguiars comes with liquid wax. ive never used a cleaner wax and liquid wax b4.

should i strip the zaino synthetic stuff off before i begin using these other waxes? ie. with a clay bar?

and hows the zymol cleaner/conditioner compared to the lexol stuff?

the meguiars comes with leather cleaner/conditioner as well but i hear its not good on our RSX's preforated leather. correct me if im wrong.

thx

·
i ❤ macro.
15,894 Posts
integra_gsrr said:
im sticking with my zaino wax, meguiars crystal wash, and lexol/vinylex.

but when i do run out i have these kits.(which will be soon)

zymol comes with cleaner wax, and the meguiars comes with liquid wax. ive never used a cleaner wax and liquid wax b4.

should i strip the zaino synthetic stuff off before i begin using these other waxes? ie. with a clay bar?

and hows the zymol cleaner/conditioner compared to the lexol stuff?

the meguiars comes with leather cleaner/conditioner as well but i hear its not good on our RSX's preforated leather. correct me if im wrong.

thx
Yes, it would be a good idea to strip the old stuff first (you can do this by using some dishwashing liquid but you must make sure to apply the new wax soon afterwards since the clear coat will then have no protection on it whatsoever). You can use a claybar if you feel that the paint is somewhat rough. Otherwise, you don't need to bother with the claybar.

I haven't tried the Zymol cleaner/conditioner so I can't comment. I have tried the Meg's and, like most on the site, it's a bitch to get out of the perfs and I'm not sure it works very well. Stick with the Lexol.

Side note, I love the Zymol cleaner wax. You'll find that it goes on smooth and is easy to remove. I'm not sure how you take care of your car, but you really don't need to use a cleaner wax/polish unless your paint isn't up to par (isn't as shiny as it used to be, there are swirl marks, the color looks dead, etc.).

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
Another thing to remember is that The Meguiars kit does not come with any prep agents...just wax. Its a good idea to get Step1 cleaner & Step2 polish if you want to get a deep rich beautiful shine. Using wax alone will protect your paint...but prep is everything when it comes to looks ;)

·
pro lurker
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
pee-wee said:
Another thing to remember is that The Meguiars kit does not come with any prep agents...just wax. Its a good idea to get Step1 cleaner & Step2 polish if you want to get a deep rich beautiful shine. Using wax alone will protect your paint...but prep is everything when it comes to looks ;)
do you mean actually washing the car then drying it as the prep??? how much more can i prep b4 the wax goes on. except clay.

thx for all the help everyone:thumbsup:

·
Registered
71 Posts
I like to use Mother's produtcs, a 3-step system. 1st is Pre-wax cleaner. 2nd is Sealer-Glaze (great at hiding swirl marks, scratches etc.). 3rd is the carnuba wax.

However, I bought both of these at Target yesterday because it's such a good deal! Figure I'll keep the Zymol kit and give the McGuires to my dad. Thanks for posting the heads-up on these kits!

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
integra_gsrr said:
do you mean actually washing the car then drying it as the prep??? how much more can i prep b4 the wax goes on. except clay.

thx for all the help everyone:thumbsup:
If you clay the car, and notice that you have some swirls or light scratches, you might want to polish them out before applying wax. :)

·
Banned
10,065 Posts
burke target didn't have it, i'm checking springfield next (tried earlier today but there wasn't a parking space within a quarter mile)

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
do you think that they still have it at springfield mall for that cheap. Becuase if they do then I am heading there today...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts