Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
you will gain a lot and you will probably be one of the loudest cars on the road with that set up...meaning attracting a lot of cops. But if you dont have laws restricting you from doin that go right ahead

·
Registered
226 Posts
im thinking about doing that too
i just order magnaflow
after couple of month later i be getting some sort of racing header, right now leaning toward the toda
juicyjoint316 when u get it done let me know, im at VA too
as far as hp goes, how much do u think u will gain by this set up?
i read somewhere here that toda race header gives u like 30 whp
u think base rsx will get that much too?
thanks

·
..Crawling..
190 Posts
My race header gave me the biggest gains. I didnt notice any gains when i got my intake or even when i got my exhaust but once that race header was installed, holy mother.. There was the power.

But i'm still not satisfied so i'm going to sell my race header and buy a turbo. The n/a mods for the base arent worth the money IMO.

·
Registered
43 Posts
How much are you selling your Race Header for Beatred?

·
Registered
479 Posts
Base won't get 30 hp from toda. I personally don't think that toda on type-s could get 30 whp by itself too, but that's just my opinion. The guy that dynoed had quite a bit of other mods. I don't want to start another debate or discussion over it so I'll just leave it at that.

I say with I/RH/E and hondata will get you about 160-170 hp on a 5-speed. I agree with beatred, going n/a on base isn't worth it. At least not for me anymore.

·
CRSX Veteran
211 Posts
just a note: if you want 200 WHP, thats gonna be hard. Type-S doesn't even hit that. just remember acura's claim of 160 on our base's is just for bragging. we actually dyno around 130, type-s around 160. so 70 hp probably needs exhaust, header, intake, and ecu upgrades. wires and plugs not a bad idea either.

·
Boots to Asses
6,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well ProjectKRSX i wont b gettin the race header 4 a while cuz it does cost over 1,000 dollars and another 100 4 the 5zigen adapter and i dont hav the money yet but heard as well that it does give gains up to 30whp

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
i'm hoping a super charger will come out untill then i'm gonna keep n/a modding

·
Banned
375 Posts
juicyjoint316 said:
well ProjectKRSX i wont b gettin the race header 4 a while cuz it does cost over 1,000 dollars and another 100 4 the 5zigen adapter and i dont hav the money yet but heard as well that it does give gains up to 30whp
You should just get the DC race header, its only about 300. Also, with a race header you dont need the 5Zigen exhaust adapter. The adapter is used to match an S exhaust to a base header/downpipe/cat combo...if you have a race header, it will match right up to the S catback exhaust! :thumbsup:

BTW, the 5Zigen adapter is only about $40 anyhow...hrm.... :wavey:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.