Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My boost gauge wasn't working so a friend and I checked out any possible problems. All the lines in the engine bay were good; the wastegate gasket was added and sealed, but still the gauge didn't work. Well it turns out that the problem was with the gauge itself. It wasn't properly connected so we connected everything and walah everything worked fine. The gauge was up and running. The good news is, my car is finally running good with the cold weather. The bad news is that my car is boosting at 11psi @ 6,000 and above and my clutch is starting to slip at 7500rpm's. The car is probably putting down 330-340 whp because of the cold weather. It's currently 5degree's outside. I have to baby the clutch until I can afford to get a new one.:firemad:

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
didn't you just get that clutch?

·
[email protected] stock tires I/E
1,091 Posts
yeah and I thought the cerametallic clutch was good to like close to 400whp.

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
man don't tell me that the clutch is slipping thats the clutch i'm getting for my stage 2 kit.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I say that my clutch is slipping for 2 reasons.
1) While at WOT, the rpm's wouldn't budge past 7500rpm's;
2) Right after this incident, I pulled over and popped the hood. All I could smell was clutch.

I talked to cybernation about the problem, they say that It might be wheel spin, and some minor adjustments with the Safc. I'm gonna take the car out for a spin tonight to find out if the clutch is truly slipping.

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
put it in 6th gear at 20mph and floor it that should tell you if its slipping or not

·
Vendor
1,224 Posts
Bip Bip said:
I say that my clutch is slipping for 2 reasons.
1) While at WOT, the rpm's wouldn't budge past 7500rpm's;
There is a rev limit at 7500 rpm when the car is too cold. What were your water temperatures at the time? Do you use the stock thermostat?

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hondata said:
There is a rev limit at 7500 rpm when the car is too cold. What were your water temperatures at the time? Do you use the stock thermostat?
I'm using the stock thermostat. Wait, so your saying that if the car is too cold it won't go past 7500rpms?

·
Registered
35 Posts
But, why would he have a strong clutch smell when he popped the hood? It's not "break-in" clutch smell, considering he's had it for a month - Or maybe it is.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's definately my clutch. The clutch will hold from 3-6k but once I get to 7k and above it starts to slip.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts