Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think that I want to get my hands on a set of seats. Perhaps some ITR red Recaros.
I think that $1200 would be about the limit for both seats.

Anyone with the Recaros or other aftermarket seats please chime in. THANKS.

·
Tarmac meister
5,640 Posts
ITR recaros are good for show and it does hold you better than stock seats. with a pair of harness it's just all you need for autox.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
RsxVengeance said:
ITR recaros are good for show and it does hold you better than stock seats. with a pair of harness it's just all you need for autox.
While that may be true, I want some lighter seats that hold me better for autoX and track. hmmmmm

·
Registered
563 Posts
I've been thinking about seats for my car too but am worried about the SRS light coming on and that maybe the steering wheel airbag would be non-operational too. Has anyone already replaced their seats and if so, what's the status of your airbags and SRS light?

·
behind your rearview
9,244 Posts
I heard there was a resister that you can use to bypass the SRS light if you plug it into the OPDS unit from the side airbag... it's a honda special tool (connector), but I don't know of anyone trying it on... unless you can some how find the voltage coming from that wire, and go to radioshack and get a whatever Ohm resister wired in...

the honda special tool is used to bypass an airbag to see if the SRS light would remain on or not to determine which airbag is the bad one, but now they just use the OBDII sensors through the ecu to determine that so it's now useless...

·
Registered
171 Posts
I have a Forza - it's a good seat, but I realized how much better the more expensive seats are when I helped my g/f install a nice Sparco in her car. The Forza doesn't hold nearly as well (almost all of the Corbeau seats are designed for large drivers) and the steel frame design is not as comfortable as a good fiberglass seat (you can feel the frame and springs against your back/shoulders when you are strapped in with harnesses.) If you have a roll bar or harness bar I would recomend using a seat back brace if you use a fiberglass seat - just put padding (we used foam rubber) on the brace plating instead of drilling into the seat. The brace really helps remove the flex from the fiberglass seat.

·
THE Elitist Douchebag
5,423 Posts
sparco fighters hold. I was gonna buy those but i gave in and got some brides. These seats are the best you can get. I have a full on bucket seat and i DONT move in the seat, something you would really love zeroryde :thumbsup:

·
Registered
358 Posts
You really have to sit in 'em to know what you want to get. As mentioned before, the cheaper seats are not that comfortable- if this is a daily driver car that is something to consider. I've always like Momo seats, and Recaros and Sparcos are comfortable- From sitting in them at race shops- I haven't owned one.
I've always stuck with stock seats a torso strap.

Just Curious, is it STS legal to remove a seat with side airbags? I bet those stock seats weigh a ton. Still the nicer seats weigh in a bit more than the cheap ones- if you're worried about weight.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Just ordered my Sparco Evo2 seats. Now its time to go on a diet so my fat ass can fit into the damn things.

D

·
behind your rearview
9,244 Posts
jdm.rsx.s said:
sparco fighters hold. I was gonna buy those but i gave in and got some brides. These seats are the best you can get. I have a full on bucket seat and i DONT move in the seat, something you would really love zeroryde :thumbsup:

man a full bucket bride... I hate you... :p
which ones did you get and how much and where?? Esp. when I'd end up with just one seat, I'd like to get a good one...

I want to get a recaro SPG but that's mad money for a $800 single bucket seat when I can get a sparco rev that will hold me good for $580... then I have to look into rails... anyone know where I can find a good seat rail for our car since I heard sparco's are trash when it comes to rails?

As for STS the rules state that you can run a full bucket without recline now... so the weight reduction is a loop hole which you can get away with..

I agree that you have to sit in the actual seat before you chose one, I've sat in most Sparco seats at the shop, and in a DC2 jdm recaro one... the recaros are a bit more comfy compared to the sparco's...

·
Registered
583 Posts
If you're running STS, you might want to hold off on getting your seats. I heard a rumor running around that they might not allow cars w/ side airbags to remove the seats. It's the same w/ the steering wheel. Airbag in the steering wheel, you can't remove it.

But on the topic, I've got a set of Sparco Speeds on my Civic and they're pretty decent. Holds very well during autox and works just fine for commuting. Great seats for the money. :thumbsup:

·
behind your rearview
9,244 Posts
GSXR said:
If you're running STS, you might want to hold off on getting your seats. I heard a rumor running around that they might not allow cars w/ side airbags to remove the seats. It's the same w/ the steering wheel. Airbag in the steering wheel, you can't remove it.

But on the topic, I've got a set of Sparco Speeds on my Civic and they're pretty decent. Holds very well during autox and works just fine for commuting. Great seats for the money. :thumbsup:

awwww man... are you serious!!!!! booooo!!! :thumbsdow

·
Registered
583 Posts
zeroryde said:
awwww man... are you serious!!!!! booooo!!! :thumbsdow
Well, it's just a rumor. There's been a bunch of talk about it but I don't know what the plans are. Just check the lastest news on Fastrack.

Here's my take on it. It's not a federal regulation to have side airbags in cars so SCCA should allow us to pull the seat and replace it with lighter ones. It'd be unfair for newer cars because all the old ones CAN replace their seats and loose 30-50lbs. I say let all cars replace their seats. Steering wheels - it's federally mandated to have an airbag in there so I'm sure that's why the SCCA doesn't allow removal of them. That's ok.

·
Tarmac meister
5,640 Posts
AlwaySmokin said:
Just ordered my Sparco Evo2 seats. Now its time to go on a diet so my fat ass can fit into the damn things.

D
lol how fat are you? evo2 are for drivers over 200lbs. if that doesn't fit you then there's always evo3 :laughing:

·
behind your rearview
9,244 Posts
GSXR said:
Well, it's just a rumor. There's been a bunch of talk about it but I don't know what the plans are. Just check the lastest news on Fastrack.

Here's my take on it. It's not a federal regulation to have side airbags in cars so SCCA should allow us to pull the seat and replace it with lighter ones. It'd be unfair for newer cars because all the old ones CAN replace their seats and loose 30-50lbs. I say let all cars replace their seats. Steering wheels - it's federally mandated to have an airbag in there so I'm sure that's why the SCCA doesn't allow removal of them. That's ok.

well same with airbags... it's not a federal regulation but I believe you're allowed to change ur steering wheel to a same diameter one...

Only seat belts are federally mandatory for restraint devices

·
Registered
583 Posts
zeroryde said:
well same with airbags... it's not a federal regulation but I believe you're allowed to change ur steering wheel to a same diameter one...

Only seat belts are federally mandatory for restraint devices
No that's not correct. It is federally mandated that all new cars have both airbags and seat belts.

http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/nhtsa/Cfc_title49/index.html

Look under 30127 (b)

By Aug 31, 1998, all manufacturers must have airbags installed for both driver and passenger.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts