Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Sidemarker Mechanic
47,417 Posts
Maybe you need to check the o2 sensor to make sure its not damaged by the person who installed it. Also, when you put a defouler or o2 simulator, did you put it on the right o2 sensor? There are two, Primary and Secondary. If you put it on the Primary, that explains why you are getting the Check Engine Light. Also, make sure the wires are not pulled or damaged during installation because them sob's are easily damaged without the proper tools.

·
Sidemarker Mechanic
47,417 Posts
To answer your question, k-pro is your best bet to "fix" all of your problems.. fix your A/F, you can disable the o2 and you can find any shop with a dyno to tune it. Reflash won't fix your problem, it just makes your car "react" faster but doesn't correct your A/F because of your set up.

But you can correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I installed everything myself. The o2 sensors arent cracked but they might be bad. The water outlet assembly does have a vacuum line on it so that could be the leak. I want to buy Kpro but Im getting mixed answers on it. So Im gonna keep reading the forums and figure out what exactly what I need and how to get it tuned.

·
Master Mechanic/Tuner
5,361 Posts
the cheapest yet not most effiecient way is to get a safc or afc or afc neo and it can adjust the afr and vtec point

your ecu may not like you, but is doable if you set it up correctly...

still its either kpro or aem ems if you want full funtionality for tuning...

21 - 26 of 26 Posts