Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
7,611 Posts
Yeah - Valeo Ultimate (RainX and Bosch also sell similar now).

Flat blade design with continuous internal springs, instead of the old-fashioned six spring design.

Lower profile, sleeker looking, better performing than OEM design.

More expensive, of course. Tire Rack was having a BOGO sale, I don't know if they still are.

·
7,611 Posts
Only problem (if it really is one) with the new style blades is that our wiper arm is designed for the old style blades.

Now if I could find a new, lower profile wiper arm that fits RSX.........

·
7,611 Posts
just go buy a wiper arm...:dontknow: i'm pretty sure like napa or something should have them right?
Maybe - but they need to be the right shape and size, spindle size, etc.

I highly doubt there are any that are sold as direct replacement for RSX. Hence the ungainly mounting clip that comes with the universal Valeo Ultimate.

It's not really a big deal, I'm just anal sometimes about details like that. Bugs me when my neighbor's Cobalt has cooler wipers than my RSX, from the factory.

Pre-emptive comment - I'm not saying the Cobalt is a better car or that I wish I had one...........

G

·
What's the longevity on the PIAA blades? I understand they are made of silicone rubber. Worth the price differential? Thanks in advance.

·
Lick me
1,039 Posts
Only problem (if it really is one) with the new style blades is that our wiper arm is designed for the old style blades.

Now if I could find a new, lower profile wiper arm that fits RSX.........
we think alike. i've been looking for replacement wiper arms around the same size, and haven't found any yet. if you find some, let me know.

sean

·
Registered
951 Posts
PIAA is good but it's expensive. So, for the price and performance, you really can't beat OEM. I'd say, just stay OEM.

·
cheaa....
346 Posts
i use those rain-x ones with rainx fluid. and it works great for me. at night where there isnt much light i dont have to have the wipers on at all. but i think it due to me waxin my windshield also maybe.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts