Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
K20Z1 Canuck
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

So now I have a fiberglass bumper & would like to fill the hole for the "H". How do I go about doing that?

After that, what needs to be done to prepare it for primer? Body filler .. sanding .. & so on? Test fit before paint? Do you paint the bumper on the car or no? And the coatings are primer, base coat, midcoat, clear? Wet sanding?

Thanks for any help .. I'm not doing it myself .. but I want to know what my painter should be doing.

·
Registered
372 Posts
i would think you can use bondo? then primer then wet sand then color then wet sand then clear then i think your done but to be honest i have no idea thats nice looking

·
DC5-R (車両型式に&#1
2,744 Posts
looks like the honda sign is on there rather than the indent for a honda sign..weird

·
Andy wuz here
19,454 Posts
yea looks like a molded H is on there. where did you get the bumper from

·
Registered
308 Posts
So this will be really random but would you mind measuring the dimensions of your grill when you take it off?

·
エアロキット&#
2004 Acura RSX Type S Milano Red
5,679 Posts
have you tried fitting that bumper yet?

i would do that first before anything else

from the looks of it, the headlight area looks weird on the bumper you bought, doesnt seem pointy enough for the 05-06 headlights.

test fit it

it looks like the guy made a mold from a 02-04 bumper but had filled the "dips" in so it became a 05-06

·
omoshiroi son
1,280 Posts
i'm pretty sure thats not from nextmod.

·
pronounced: See-Yo
3,732 Posts
have you tried fitting that bumper yet?

i would do that first before anything else

from the looks of it, the headlight area looks weird on the bumper you bought, doesnt seem pointy enough for the 05-06 headlights.

test fit it

it looks like the guy made a mold from a 02-04 bumper but had filled the "dips" in so it became a 05-06
great observation. looks like TS got played. bought an 02-04 bumper with gaps under headlights filled.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts