·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Acura
RSX (Base)
K20A3
Automatic
Salvaged Title for 3 prior Accidents vehicle drives Great aside from Bad Wheel Bearing
Used as a Commuter (weekly Mileage 458)

So about a month ago i had to replace the starter so you know how much work that is you gotta remove the Intake Manifold to get to it. Now once i put it back together
Now i got a Check Engine Light i plugged in and it reads Error Code P1077

I was thinking maybe connecting a Vacuum Gun to the IMRC Control Valve to suck out any air maybe that will work have any ideas????

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,883 Posts
Dude... I don't mean to be a dick but do you even know what the hell you're talking about? :laughat::rotfl:

You can try and suck out the air all you want, but it's not a sealed unit and there's supposed to be air considering it's part of your intake manifold. The IMRC valve is the part that switches the air pathway from long runners to short runners at 4700 rpms and upward.

Look for a short in your harness and test the wires with a multimeter. It could also be a faulty unit, but go through troubleshooting steps first so you're not throwing money out the door.

http://my.prostreetonline.com/2016/04/18/dtc-p1077-testing-acura-rsx-imrc/

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
I don't know the wiring, but when you do a job, and then something doesn't work, you recheck what you just did. I'd bet you disturbed a wire or something when you did the starter.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.