Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Got Kaminari Hood ~NOT GOOD~ READ!!

1K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  jayremix 
#1 ·
Ok guys so I finally recieved my Kaminari Hood after waiting for about 4 weeks. I paid I think $815 for it. So when I first recieved it, it was wrapped perfectly. Hood's weave was amazing I was so excited. Put it on and the first problem is that the latch is not long enough to attach to the car :firemad: Call them, the send me WASHERS?? to extend it. After about 6 washers in EACH of the four screws the hood FINALLY LATCHES :laughing: But now the alignment is all off. The hood was not bowed correctly and there was a huge gap on the passager side. So after all this sweat and aggrevation in the heat of NJ, I call them up tell them this is not accpetable for that price and I dont want it. So in the end they are coming to pick it up tomorrow and refund me.

PROS:
Beautiful Weave
Excellent Customer service

CONS:
Fitment Sucked
Latch WAY TO SHORT

Now after all this I have just order a J's RACING CF Hood and hope this one will work out

See less See more
#2 ·
The J's Racing hood should work out fine, I don't know if anyone here is sporting one, but I know that J's Racing is good quality. :thumbsup: Where are you ordering it from??

#5 ·
you ever just lay the hood in place without bolting it down, that should let you know how fitment will be and did you have a friend to help you to make adjustments as many cf hoods need?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.