Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Tastes Like Chikin
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my car back form the shop, I got hit while my car was parked, and now the steering wheel shakes when I get up to freeway speeds (60+), is this a serisous problem, should I take it in right away or can I wait a little while(I have to go back to the shop to pick up ne wheels, because they painted mine wrong). My car was hit in the back.

·
Tastes Like Chikin
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Around those speeds the steering wheel vibrates, if I hold onto it visibly its noticeable but not super noticeable, and I can feel vibrations through my arm to my elbow. If I let go of the wheel I would describe it as a side to side wobble.

·
Tastes Like Chikin
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Man they said for like three days that the reason I wasnt getting my car back was that my car was in the alignment shop. Even though they are getting me new wheels I can stil keep the ones on my car now?

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
yes they can not deprive you from you own property. It came into the shop on the car meaning its yours and you can take it from the shop. alot of the shops like that try and keep them and do good at it cuase no one will ask but they turn around and sale them for scap at 15$ a wheel.

·
Mmm, 3rd lobe...
10,462 Posts
yes they can not deprive you from you own property. It came into the shop on the car meaning its yours and you can take it from the shop. alot of the shops like that try and keep them and do good at it cuase no one will ask but they turn around and sale them for scap at 15$ a wheel.
They are in effect buying your damaged property off of you when they replace it.

Some places may not care, but I would think in the majority of cases they would want the parts that they have paid to replace. What they do with it then is their own business.

Same goes if its the insurance company paying for the repair, although in that case they are not likely to care what happens to the old parts.

Bottom line is that you shouldn't expect to profit from having your car repaired if you are not paying for it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts