Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Smoking a massive chooch
Joined
·
12,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I got it, just now waiting for it to get nice out and get painted. I still have some work to do to the bumpers, sanding and what not. But I couldn't help myself so I took off the front bumper and threw the veilside one on to get an idea of what it's going to look like... :love:

It's not on the whole way which is why the sides are not in. Still gotta drill holes. Figured I would post a pic
 

Attachments

·
Smoking a massive chooch
Joined
·
12,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is what I want to do with it. As in the real veilside pictures, they paint parts of it black, I've included a picture so you guys know what I'm talking about.

I think it looks hot, what do you think?
 

Attachments

·
yawn..
Joined
·
22,903 Posts
Crazy
 

·
.
Joined
·
28,750 Posts
Down_Shift said:
hello:D

Looks pretty good, even though I'm not a fan of the kit. If you really are getting flames, paint what you want to paint black, the colour of the flames.
 

·
Smoking a massive chooch
Joined
·
12,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well....I already have flames on it, you can't see them that well, but the picture in my sig you can see them. When we painted them the first time, I wanted the ghost look, but it didn't turn out as well as I wanted it to, so I figured when I got the kit painted I would just lay them out again,make them more color changing, and run them into the doors. It'll be alot of work on my part preparing the car to paint, but I'm not going to bitch about only paying 100$ plus base coat to get it painted. I'm makin out like a bandit

The flames are going to be color changing, blue-red-silver-green-orange. I don't think that would look right on it...but thanks for the suggestion! I still haven't figured out if I want to just leave it white, or white and black. I suppose I could just put it on the car and put electrical tape where I want it to be black and see how it looks. I dunno
 

·
Smoking a massive chooch
Joined
·
12,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well? cmon I need opinions on if you guys think this is going to look good with the black/white color scheme!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,722 Posts
whoa those are flames on your hood? i thought the picture was messed up heh. yah the pic u posted with the black pieces painted looks good.
 

·
.
Joined
·
28,750 Posts
Oh cool. Post pics when the flames are done.

I say go for the black look like in the Veilside ITR. Although, that duct tape idea isn't that bad, try it out, it might work and give you an idea if you like it or not.

I didn't see the flames at first, but they look pretty good. My only suggestion is maybe to have them at alternating lengths instead of all ending around the same point. :dontknow:
 

·
Smoking a massive chooch
Joined
·
12,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
crazy said:
Oh cool. Post pics when the flames are done.

I say go for the black look like in the Veilside ITR. Although, that duct tape idea isn't that bad, try it out, it might work and give you an idea if you like it or not.

I didn't see the flames at first, but they look pretty good. My only suggestion is maybe to have them at alternating lengths instead of all ending around the same point. :dontknow:
Trust me, I'll post pics :laughing:

I've got my side skirts, flares all ready to paint, just need to work on the bumper. Another thing is weather, I don't want to get it painted and then have road salt, all that other shit all over fresh paint. BUT first day that it's 50-60 degrees.....I'm probably going to put it on, it's really killing me just sitting in the garage staring at my car.

FuZziELiTLpAnDa said:
whoa those are flames on your hood? i thought the picture was messed up heh. yah the pic u posted with the black pieces painted looks good.
heh, everyone says that, thats cuz they are ghost flames! I kinda like them because from a distance it's a PWP rsx...then you get up closer and you see them. I wanted something subtle...but after seeing some cars with color changing paint at a car show, I've changed my mind. I'm going to probably make them as color changing as they can get. Only thing I'm kinda weary about is the front bumper as it will be the same color as the flames and I don't really want to have a blue,red,silver,orange etc front bumper...I like the white. But Oh well I'm willing to sacrifice.

Thanks for the opinions!

heres another pic of the flames on the side....you can see em a lil better....
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
492 Posts
DJ RSXS said:
well....I already have flames on it, you can't see them that well, but the picture in my sig you can see them. When we painted them the first time, I wanted the ghost look, but it didn't turn out as well as I wanted it to, so I figured when I got the kit painted I would just lay them out again,make them more color changing, and run them into the doors. It'll be alot of work on my part preparing the car to paint, but I'm not going to bitch about only paying 100$ plus base coat to get it painted. I'm makin out like a bandit

The flames are going to be color changing, blue-red-silver-green-orange. I don't think that would look right on it...but thanks for the suggestion! I still haven't figured out if I want to just leave it white, or white and black. I suppose I could just put it on the car and put electrical tape where I want it to be black and see how it looks. I dunno
you know wut you should do instead of painting it black....since you want to make your flames colour changing then maybe you should paint those spots that same changing colour too!

just a thought tell me wut you think :thumbsup:
 

·
Smoking a massive chooch
Joined
·
12,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Darkness said:
you know wut you should do instead of painting it black....since you want to make your flames colour changing then maybe you should paint those spots that same changing colour too!
Hmm I was just thinking about what you said...it doesn't sound like that bad of an idea, but I won't be able to tell what it looks like beforehand. It could be a disaster ya know? with the black I can test it and see if I like it. Although the color chips that I've looked at for the paint colors are pretty damn sweet...

Maybe I should just paint the whole damn car lol I mean all I got left is...the trunk, roof and quarters. :dontknow: Are there any color changing rsx's out there? I think that would be pretty sweet....
 

·
.
Joined
·
28,750 Posts
Theres only one or two colour changing RSX's. Guess what, the one that I know of is Kameleon Purple with a VeilSide full bodykit:D Go for it though! I think both the flames alone, or a full colour changing car would look cool.
 

·
Smoking a massive chooch
Joined
·
12,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Really there are some out there?! I tried doing a search but came up with nothing. See if you can find a picture for me! I'm really thinking about just paying another 100$ and getting it all color changing.
 
1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Top