Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
norcal member
27,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so coming home last night cop pulls me over and ask why i put a honda (H) and integra emblem.. told him its a jdm thing, how its a honda in japan.. then he looks at my steering wheel, i replaced the center with a H as well... he goes is your car a acura or a honda??? so he asked to see my registration. cop lets me go but tells me that i need to change it back to acura.. has anyone gotten pulled over for this? and should i change them back? i dont think its illegal?

·
:)
15,563 Posts
gay!

·
norcal member
27,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
car identification issue
i know its confusing for example...

i remember leaving my lights on at a target parking lot.. dude on intercom says honda integra.. i bet ppl were like wtf..lol

·
:)
15,563 Posts
fk the cops!

·
Skeet Skeet...
2,394 Posts
yea , i had a simular issue with a cop saying my type r spoiler was illegal due to rear view obstruction.. i think some of em just like to bullshit to make it look like they know what there talking about..
troof...
cops don't like kids drivin' nice lookin' cars....
:laughing:

·
I can see clearly now
1,347 Posts
In America, we have acura rsx, not honda integra. If anything, I would either leave it as "Acura RSX-S" or debadge it, and not replace the emblems. Main reason I stay with the whole Acura emblem thing is, besides the fact it's a jdm car, Honda wanted it to be "Acura" in America, so I'll leave it as is. I don't care if every part in the car says Honda on it because Honda decided to name it an Acura here in the states.

As for the popo that told you to change it back to acura, he's only suggesting you do it. If i was a cop and didn't know shit about jdm stuff, the license plate that would bring up another model and make from the current badges would tell me something's fishy. I mean, the popo could've thought you stole someone else's license plate :dontknow:

·
Mamimi
6,024 Posts
I really doubt it's a law. We can put anything on the side of our cars can't we? Hell, I could cover the whole car with every single emblem in the world and it shouldn't be a problem. Damn pigs... :shakehead

·
H.A.M
7,743 Posts
i know its confusing for example...

i remember leaving my lights on at a target parking lot.. dude on intercom says honda integra.. i bet ppl were like wtf..lol

haha man that happen to me too but alittle different. I once got my car towed cuzz i didnt have a parking sticker in my OWN parking lot which is retarded since they didnt even contact me in the office but on the towing paper it says integra so i got away without paying the towing fine =p

but nah i dont think u have to change it. cops likes to scare u

·
Suh dude
14 Acura ILX Tech
25,974 Posts
i get pulled over for it technically you arent allowed to change it but i mean honda/acura same shit dont change it back it would be one thing if i put like saturn or ford on the car

1 - 20 of 85 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.