Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok so heres the situation. I got pulled over here in Hagerstown by a unmarked state trooper on thursday night after leaving the bar. I was in my car and some friends of mine were in their car (two females in their 30's that i have known for like 6 yrs), so they had too much to drink and i was definitely fine. We were horsing around speeding up between lights and stuff like that. Well we pulled up to the one stop light, and then both went when it turned green to the next stop light which was red and maybe 150yds from the previous one. During the trip to the next stop light we were kinda racing/horsing around and i got in front of them as their was a person in the other lane i had been in and stopped at the stop light (note: i did signal changing lanes). The trooper flew up next to us out of no where and hopped out of his car yelled at both of us to turn off our cars. He then talked to both of us and ended up writing us both 2 tickets. One for negligent driving and the other for engaging in a speed contest. (another note: the friend was from PA so they dont have anything to worry about obviously with points) He then gave us both breathalizers and i passed just fine (had 3 beers all night) and she failed and i had to drive her and her friend home.

I already have 5 points on my license from a year ago with a similar incident but i was only given a speeding ticket then, i have never had either of these tickets before. The points im obviously worried about b/c the speed contest one carries 5 points putting me into suspended license status.

My question: Do you think i can somehow get out of these tickets? I wasnt given a speeding ticket with any kind of breaking the speed so engaging a speed contest within "legal limits"? Or is it assumed i was breaking the speed...I dont know how i would be considered negligent driving i didnt do anything wrong (except exceed the speed limit im sure but i wasnt given a ticket for that). The officer said usually they give 4 tickets for engaging in a speed contest but he was giving us a break, IMO its b/c he didnt clock us or anything and he was just reacting to the situation. (however he did say he was behind us previously and that we were doing at least 65mph in a 45, which i dont know if i believe or not...he also asked me if i saw him behind us which also makes me think that he didnt really see us before he just kind walked into the situation).

Regardless i know what i did was wrong but i cant have 5 more points on my license and am looking for a way to fight the situation...help??

Cliffs:
-Got pulled over for engaging in a speed contest and negligent driving
-already have 5 points on my license
-need to try and not get another 5 on my license

UPDATE ON PAGE 2 POST # 33

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry for it being long winded, or sporadic i was just trying to give as much background as i could...

·
I can drive up your rsx
29,087 Posts
Get a good lawyer. Monies will get u out of anything.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yea it was MSP, i have heard people got out of tickets for them not being in full uniform etc...do you think it would make a difference that he didnt have his hat on and that he never introduced himself?

·
Suh dude
14 Acura ILX Tech
25,974 Posts
Yea it was MSP, i have heard people got out of tickets for them not being in full uniform etc...do you think it would make a difference that he didnt have his hat on and that he never introduced himself?
no lol he is a cop end of story.

·
All Aboard the Failboat
6,127 Posts
stop driving like an asshole

·
I can drive up your rsx
29,087 Posts
lol at not wearing his hat and no introduction defense

·
Swimmy,swammy,sampsonite
12,472 Posts
ive gone to court nearly 15 times in the state of maryland for driving offences (not very proud of it).. but it all comes down to who is your judge.. The best ive found so far is a larger woman whos name I cant remember, but she goes to every court house in Maryland, youd be lucky to find her.. But what she does is just gives out community service. I would say community service and probation would be your best pleas

·
Blank Member
3,891 Posts
Should have told the cop you were trying to drift like the guy in the fast and the furious tokyo drift. So you can get their numbers.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
ive gone to court nearly 15 times in the state of maryland for driving offences (not very proud of it).. but it all comes down to who is your judge.. The best ive found so far is a larger woman whos name I cant remember, but she goes to every court house in Maryland, youd be lucky to find her.. But what she does is just gives out community service. I would say community service and probation would be your best pleas
What do you mean by probation? What does that entail?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts