Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i have a 2003 rsx with a k20a3. when i start the car the rev is at 1000 then as it warms it goes down to 800. while at 800 rpm, it frequently dips to 500 rpm. sometimes when driving and i come to a complete stop the engine shuts off. the engine is not as powerful as what a k20 should be. when i'm accelerating and i sink the clutch to change gears, the rev goes up first, then it drops down.

i looked under the car and noticed that the exhaust pipe is extremely bent and crushed. so i guess the exhaust is being backed up at the engine. when driving at 3000rpm the engine sounds like its over revving. i went and did a diagnostic. i got three codes

1. HO2S s1 heater circuit not active.(o2 sensor #1)

2. 65-2 HO2S heater fault (02 sensor #2)

3. 71-1 misfire cylinder 1

please let me know what i need to do?

·
Registered
326 Posts
3. 71-1 misfire cylinder 1
check your coilpacks

and for the rest HO2S, make sure theres no leak from your headers all the way to your exhaust.

Also id replace both the O2S and reset your ECU and see how its running

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i have changed the plugs. but i dont know how to test the coilpack without getting it re-diagnosed. so what about the idling and hunting?

·
Registered
326 Posts
make sure you are not running to lean either, pull out your coilpacks and see if its dirty, test it with a voltage meter.

Have you ever went over redline? You probably bent some valves if you did

·
Registered
145 Posts
You could just swap the coilpacks around and see if the misfire is still in the same cylinder.
x2 on this i had the same problem about a week ago swap coils around and check if the misfire cylinder changes as you change the coil...and if it does then pm i got coils for sale

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
my mechanic test the cylinder. seems as if the exhaust valve is burnt. its not closing. ill hope for the best.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts