Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
I have RPF1 9in +35. The 255/40 will rub a bit rolled and look a bit big too me--also I can't lower as much due to width. They look beefy and are wide, so if you like that look it's cool. I have 245's waiting and will cure all my woes. Just a bit narrower and I can drop just a bit more.

·
DC5 Gang***ger
19,030 Posts
I have RPF1 9in +35. The 255/40 will rub a bit rolled and look a bit big too me--also I can't lower as much due to width. They look beefy and are wide, so if you like that look it's cool. I have 245's waiting and will cure all my woes. Just a bit narrower and I can drop just a bit more.
Whats your camber like and are ur fenders rolled? I have 255/40 on 17x9 rolled fenders and only -2 camber with a one and a half finger gap. I dont rub whatsoever at all even on bumps

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You have pictures of it .. ?

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Whats your camber like and are ur fenders rolled? I have 255/40 on 17x9 rolled fenders and only -2 camber with a one and a half finger gap. I dont rub whatsoever at all even on bumps
Manufacturers aren't always spot on so maybe these are wider . I'm running RE11's and they have some grooves from rubbing even in the front. Maybe you have more preload as well. Just a little more camber could go a long way. I hate to play too much as it's solid as hell as far as handling. IDK, but I rub rolled.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Sorry for no pictures, I have the good tires in the basement as they arent supposed to be on the car below freezing. Everyone is cold, but it's been -18f with a minus 50 windchill. Today we made it above zero, so pictures will not be coming for months.

·
DC5 Gang***ger
19,030 Posts
Manufacturers aren't always spot on so maybe these are wider . I'm running RE11's and they have some grooves from rubbing even in the front. Maybe you have more preload as well. Just a little more camber could go a long way. I hate to play too much as it's solid as hell as far as handling. IDK, but I rub rolled.
Hmm, are your fenders rolled tho? And i wouldnt go past -2.3 camber in the rears at all. Fronts im at -1.5 rear im at -2. Maybe it could be the preload. But it would have to take a serious pot hole for me to hear the rub. When i go slow up entering a driveway i domt rub either. I dont have pics arm like the lerson above mentioned but il take some when ihave the time, today was a snowstorm

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
They are rolled, maybe a shit job and not fully if that makes sense. Im second owner but it sits super flush. The front looks no camber and the rear is small, so there would be room if I cambered more.

We still have November snow, and it got super cold. We've been missed because of that. It's been below zero including the high for a week but very little snow. Looks like a near thaw by Sunday. You can keep all the ice and snow. We've had the Christmas and New Year leftovers on the garage floor as it's colder than the freezer. Funny to think a walk in freezer at zero would be warmer.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.