Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's another!

Dave and I were just talking about how the idle hangs until you stop. We are going to do some datalogging on Friday to see if the TPS is consistent with this "hanging throttle."

To better describe the issue, before coming to a dead stop with the clutch in, the idle sits at around 1500 rpms, then once the car comes to a complete stop the idle goes to around 900 and jumps back to 1000 rpms where it is set.

Any answer as to why the idle hangs until at a complete stop, or could this be an issue with the TPS?

· Registered
949 Posts
Spunkster said:
This is normal ecu function even on an OBD0 ecu from back in the late 80's.

It only does it noticeably if you raise the stock idle. I put mine back stock and it doesn't do it as bad.

· Registered
2,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
JTSmith said:
It only does it noticeably if you raise the stock idle. I put mine back stock and it doesn't do it as bad.
Yea, it has gotten worse.

Not saying I never noticed the fluctuation, spunkster, but this is more than normal. I guess you can attribute it to raissed idle, but it seems abnormal. After we log it, I will see it there is any correlation with the TPS.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.