Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
K series tuning liberator
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright yall, kinda disapointed in the fact i live in Fl. It's already geting pretty hot here so, to see what differences from winter-spring/summer would bring to the GReddy [email protected] Dyno runs were conducted at roughly 1:50pm at 86.4-87.6degF at a high humidity level in Jacksonville, Fl. It should be noted that there was no venilation at all(fans, blowers) inside this shop w/no wind. The car was brought in off the street at 12:55pm, first run was cunducted at 1:51PM. The car was driven in traffic for about 15-20 mins before arrival at the shop. Here were the numbers(i plan on getting them scanned and posted soon.):

DYNORUN.001: peakpower 237.9, peak torque 181.1, A/F Ratio leanest:[email protected], richest:10.0 throghout RPM's, average A/F ratio: 10.6

DYNORUN.003: peakpower 240.7, peak torque 172.6, A/F ratio leanest:[email protected] throttle start, richest:10.0, average A/F ratio: 10.7

DYNORUN.004: peakpower 245.0, peak torque 161.6, A/F ratio leanest:[email protected] throttle start, richest:10.0, average A/F ratio: 10.4

The Intercooler was hot to touch before 1st run (had been baking in sun for an hour) Run 003-004 we put a little N20 on the FMIC to cool it down a little bit to try and get a more realistic run....it did not do much...this is how hot the car was.

As you can see this is a stock GReddy [email protected] This is with NO tuning, just the base greddy map. It keeps the A/F ratio's pretty fat and causes to the engine to loose considerable amounts of power. This is were tuning for summer and winter setups come in to factor. W/these A/F ratio's, in winter i would have been very safe. The A/F ratio is way too fat, needs to be trimmed just about throught the RPM's except for low RPM's at low throttle positions, could actually fatten that RPM range up as you can see at the onset of throttle, it went pretty lean one time.

Next we will see the Greddy kit with hondata k-pro tuned for power in summer time weather.

·
Murderator
3,949 Posts
240whp is still not bad with no tuning...A little colder weather and I wouldnt be surprised to see 250whp...thanx alot for posting the numbers...

·
Registered
521 Posts
Arcticblue said:
240whp is still not bad with no tuning...A little colder weather and I wouldnt be surprised to see 250whp...thanx alot for posting the numbers...

Arcticblue, what turbo kit are you running, the CN or Greddy and how did you get it to 12psi?

·
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, i mainly posted this for the peeps that have been asking for basline greddy map dyno's @ 8psi. I have ran 11psi before and tuned, but i recently went back to stock greddy maps in anticipation of the Hondata K-pro. I also wanted to show the importance of tuning for power in the summer/winter. As you can see, it is very important. I am also running a full 3in w/3in testpipe and APEXi N1 turbo muffler 80mm in/out.

You must take into consideration that the car is not moving and that there was no fan to pass air through the intercooler. On the third and fourth run, the FMIC was sprayed down with N20 for a couple of seconds to help cool the air more realistically but after the run the FMIC was hot again, only a few extra WHP were made

The dyno runs were stopped at no more than 8200RPM's, the WHP numbers would have been better if it was taken to 8600RPM's.

IN the winter there was a huge difference with the dry cold air. I will be tuning soon with the K-pro. We will see what can be done in the summer here in florida. I am hoping for about 300WHP at 9-10psi and 315-320 at 11-11.3psi. Cam phasing will be a key element in acheiving these numbers along with the 550cc injectors.

BTW, heatsoak is a BITCH!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
nice numbers for the stock maps

·
Registered
698 Posts
with the hondata k pro. You are getting rid of the emanage right. If this is the case, can you still use the profec? It is my understaniding that you can save three diffrent maps with the profec. This is helpful because where i live it gets extremley cold and extremly hot So three diffrent maps would be nice to have access to.

·
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, this elliminates the emanage all together. The profec can still be used as a great boost controller, but all other duties will be taken by the K-pro ecu. It is even better, because you can save different maps on the k-pro as well, actually i think it is saved to your laptop, then uploaded to the k-pro when you need that set of maps map. Doug from Hondata would be able to answer that question for you. I talked with Doug, last night, for a good bit about the k-pro. I think this is gonna be the way for us to do what we have been wanting to do. With what doug has said, it is a wonderful ECU that can do everything and is totally user controllable. It even has dry and wet nitrous control(for those who didn't know that) including RPM window switches. I am sorry, but that is bad ass.

For those of yall who like the dependability of 8psi, your best bet would be to go with the hondata greddy ECU reflash and emanage reflash. You send them your ECU and Emanage and hondata reflashes the ECU, which gives the ECU most of the control again over the emanage, then reflashes the emanage to work with the new ecu flash. Plus you get to take advantage of the cam phasing control with this flash(same as the k-pro, just the k-pro will allow you to control the cam timing) which helps the engine to gain considirable amounts of power at same boost.

The Hondata GReddy RSX-S dynoed 230WHP before the reflash, after the flash it was 266.1WHP and 195.4WTRQ

·
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The GReddy flash from hondata reflashes the emanage and ECU. The K-pro does not need the emanage but costs 500dollars more than the hondata GReddy flash and is fully programmable. There are two different flashs we are talking about.

·
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
rsx type s 81 said:
thanks. Boosted.. do you feel that the flash was worth the money? or would we be better off just dyno tuning the emanage?

With the emanage alone, you do not have control of cam phasing, which is one big reason that he has 266.1WHP @7psi. This reflash controls optimum cam phasing for forced induction.

·
Registered
698 Posts
I understand that, but, with this flash your stuck at 7psi. So if i was choosing to go with this flash or just tune the emange, i am wondering if the rest of the benfits from the flash, like smoothness and response, stuff like that, would out-weigh the fact that your stuck at 7 psi.

·
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
well, if you want to up your boost, you can still get the k-pro and enjoy all the benefits of the hondata greddy flash and alot more. With alot more ease than just tuning the emanage, plus more power at same boost because of cam timing control from the k-pro.

·
I see what you did there
3,437 Posts
havent been reading up on this lately... they can reflash my emanage PLUS ecu? benefits?

·
Registered
76 Posts
so if i were willing to spend 500 dollars more for the kpro would that be the wiser choice even if i was keeping it at low boost?

·
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yes, because, if you ever want to up your boost, you don't have to worry about it up to 11.3psi. PLus it will correct any lean condition, which the reflashes will not do.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.