Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i just wanna see a discussion on these 2 exhaust. they are the same exhaust but remember greddy released a full stainless steel evo 2 now...

so in conclusion why would some of u just stick to regular evo for cheaper price or why would u go with eevo 2 and pay a little more? pros/ con of each?

· GOTAMA DC5 Master
172 Posts
integra_k20a2 said:
ok i just wanna see a discussion on these 2 exhaust. they are the same exhaust but remember greddy released a full stainless steel evo 2 now...

so in conclusion why would some of u just stick to regular evo for cheaper price or why would u go with eevo 2 and pay a little more? pros/ con of each?
I got the EVO 2 cause it was Full stainless steel. I made that extra investment so that I wont have to worry about it rusting.

· Registered
6 Posts
that is really the truth because he said that it wont rust but really think about it is your exaust really going to rust away cause its not like ure driving through a lake right but i wouldnt no cause my brother has the evo 1 exhaust and it hasnt rusted yet at all it is still shining after almost a year or two. :driving:

· Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah everyones free to there own opinion.... speak from the heart :thumbsup:

· clutch burner
172 Posts
i have the evo 2 exhaust...my friend has the evo....the evo2 has a much larger resonator making it much quieter in the lower rpm's...the piping looks the same just stainless...the mufflers are exactly the same (both stainless)

· Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
good point.

· Registered
1,106 Posts
Ive owned an EVO 2 for my previous car (CIVIC EX)... I guess the Stainless makes the exhaust note a little different the the previous model... Seems to be just a bit louder...quality loud....not ricey loud... I loved it but sold it when I bought my type S...Very good resale value...For me Im between the Evo 2 and the HKS for this car...I'm leaning toward the HKS just because its a little more aggesive..sound and looks wise...Plus the tip isn't the size of a football....
Adam

· Registered
37 Posts
This may be a little off the topic, but why not consider Neuspeed's titanium exhaust? I forgot the actual name, T1 or N1, but anyway, Import Tuner magazine used it on a Type-S and the car got considerable hp gains(up to 8 I think).

· Registered
15 Posts
I had an Greedy SP on my civic and it rusted so bad that it eventually broke in half. I did have it lowered almost to the ground and scaped on every speed bump. But the muffler shop had to weld it together about 3 differnt times. It took alot of abuse for about 3 years before it died.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.