Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title states can anybody comment if they have the Evo2 on their 05-06 whether they had problems with it melting the lip.

Post pics of it on your cars if you have any.

Thanks in advance:laughing:

·
Registered
270 Posts
yea mines perfectly fine. the tip doesnt even get hot enough to burn your hand if you touch it after a long drive

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice, cause my skunk2 melted the back of the lip. Skunk2 is leting me return it and giving me my money back. In return I'm getting the Evo2 from one of their vendors that I bought the skunk from. I had the evo2 on my spec-v with dc rh and I loved it.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sounds good. I'm set on getting it then. To bad there isn't enough info on the Ti-C, but better be safe then sorry since I already had bad luck with the other exhaust.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I know for a fact 02-04 have no melting issues, but 05-06 owners have to be very careful. Skunk2 100% melts and so does the HKS Hi-Power.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
This is my minor melt with the Skunk2:

This is another guys from Honda-Tech with a Skunk2(his is a freak show, I feel bad for him):

Here is anther guy from Honda-Tech with an HKS Hi-Power:

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
(The RSX Greddy is 2 piece)

Well I have the Greddy Evo2 for almost 2 weeks now and I drove it for a long time in hot weather and there is no sign of melting. Plus the tip is a good distancefrom the lip too. Evo2 all the way:vtec:

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I've been driving and driving in 85-90 degree weather and no signs of melting what so ever. This is a good quality and well though out design exhaust system.

·
I got that Sammy Swagger
133 Posts
Goddamn I didnt know the skunk2 was burned the bumoer that bad, but the evo2 is perfect fit, perfect sound, and ive had it for about 1.5 years with no burning or anything.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.