Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering if anyone knows if the Greddy lip is fiberglass or urethane and if yall know a cheap place online to get the real one. thanks.

·
e90
115,535 Posts
Greddy lip is urethane. I got mine direct from Greddy and it was $280 cnd shipped to me.

·
RED DRAGONS!!!
11,903 Posts
No problems with any breakage or shattering here. If you have the authentic GReddy lip it should ccome in a big ass box that says GReddy in blue letters on the outside and the lip itself should be black when its not painted. Its somewhat flexible too. As far as places to get the lip I got mine from rsx motor sports.com they got it very quickly and are very good to deal with. It cost me $165 plus shipping. You can also try www.inlinefour.com and www.optauto.com I think they are all around $160-$190.

Here is a pic of mine.

·
e90
115,535 Posts
KillerBlackbird said:
No problems with any breakage or shattering here. If you have the authentic GReddy lip it should ccome in a big ass box that says GReddy in blue letters on the outside and the lip itself should be black when its not painted. Its somewhat flexible too. As far as places to get the lip I got mine from rsx motor sports.com they got it very quickly and are very good to deal with. It cost me $165 plus shipping. You can also try www.inlinefour.com and www.optauto.com I think they are all around $160-$190.
Here is a pic of mine.
Nice, mine is silver too! Get mine painted this Monday. I was gonna order from **************.com, but they don't ship to Canada. I added wire mesh in the openings cause I have grillcraft inserts down below as well. Looks great and yes fit is perfect.

·
e90
115,535 Posts
yeahi said:
i heard they do crack a lot, if you search many people have had them crack on them.
Alot of people are also buying replicas. Hard to break urethane (the real ones)

·
Kompressor
9,596 Posts
so uot mugen... MORE pix please!!!!

yeah so the real one is supposed to be decent quality?

an you got them from **************.com ?

·
e90
115,535 Posts
RsX_Boi said:
My real deal Greddy lip cracked in half :(
Bottom out hard or something? Just curious cause the weather up in my area is crappy, not sunny like you have in Cali.

·
cold chillin
8,065 Posts
perfectg said:
Alot of people are also buying replicas. Hard to break urethane (the real ones)
show me this replica greddy lip u talk of, cuz i have nver heard of such a thing. the authentic greddy lips are made of abs plastic, and yes, these authentic ones do have a tendency to shatter. theyre not as strong as most front lips are. they dont seem 2 flex very well, instead, crack and shatter. trust me, im on my 2nd one. :jigglemad

do a search, you'll see a handful of greddy front lip owners who broke theirs

·
RED DRAGONS!!!
11,903 Posts
02DSM_Type-S said:
hey killerblackbird, can you take a picture of: a close up to tell how the greddy lip matches up againts oem non-kit SS.

Thanks,
Clay
You mean how the sides match the front? Like in this picture below?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
thanks for the info guys. it looks great but if it cracks easily as yall say it does.. i guess you get what you pay for? thanks again.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts