Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok my turbo kit is in and i am getting a knock sensor failure code (cel) and it feels like the engine is not getting enough air ... i think the car was faster w/o turbo... also my interaction led on the emanage is flashing yellow/orange constantly .... is this normal??? any ideas on how to fix this sh*t???

Thanks to anyone that offers any advice!

·
Buttplugs?
313 Posts
Do you have the intercooler? Make sure you take the restrictor off if you have it. That would solve your problem right there.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no i dont have the intercooler yet it was not in stock when i purchased my kit but it should be sometime this week.

·
Murderator
13,398 Posts
The interaction light on the Emanage will flash...That is what it is supposed to do. Now With the CEL your having you need to Recheck the wiring. Make sure you soldered the wires and didnt just clamp them on. Clamping does not work. The connection is not enough if they are just clamped. With the problems your describing It will probably lead back to a wiring problem. When did you purchase your kit? If it was in the past 2 months your Emanage is correct so the only problem it could be would be installation

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
PJsSCW said:
ok my turbo kit is in and i am getting a knock sensor failure code (cel) and it feels like the engine is not getting enough air ... i think the car was faster w/o turbo... also my interaction led on the emanage is flashing yellow/orange constantly .... is this normal??? any ideas on how to fix this sh*t???

Thanks to anyone that offers any advice!
Does it say circuitry failure or knock sensor bank 1 failure.
If something is wrong with the knock sensor the ecu will go into limp mode and it will cut fuel. So u are prolly going lean.
:(

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
k thanks guy i am going to re check my wiring

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oh ya i purchased like a week and a half ago ... and i had to wait for the kit to be shipped from greddy so it wasnt sitting on a shelf somewhere

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok soldered all the wires and now it's running close to perfect!!! no CEL either!!!

Thanks guys!

Can't wait for my intercooler and test pipe to get here... comes on friday hopefully.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
PJsSCW said:
ok soldered all the wires and now it's running close to perfect!!! no CEL either!!!

Thanks guys!

Can't wait for my intercooler and test pipe to get here... comes on friday hopefully.
Congrats man. Enjoy boost. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
198 Posts
PJsSCW said:

Thanks guys!

I wish that mine was that easy to fix. I rechecked the wires 5 times and soldered it twice and still the knock sensor. It ended up being that my knock sensor went bad and had to spend $100 with shipping for a new one from Acura.

·
Registered
462 Posts
RSXVtec02 said:
I wish that mine was that easy to fix. I rechecked the wires 5 times and soldered it twice and still the knock sensor. It ended up being that my knock sensor went bad and had to spend $100 with shipping for a new one from Acura.
This is not a new problem. The knock sensors are very sensitive. We have seen this problem with most RSX and EP’s that have aftermarket motor mounts. It is usually the one is the front that causes the excess vibration which damages the sensor. This is not always the cause but seems to be the majority of the time. I would be interested to know if you do have aftermarket motor mounts. Let me know.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Boost Junkie said:
This is not a new problem. The knock sensors are very sensitive. We have seen this problem with most RSX and EP’s that have aftermarket motor mounts. It is usually the one is the front that causes the excess vibration which damages the sensor. This is not always the cause but seems to be the majority of the time. I would be interested to know if you do have aftermarket motor mounts. Let me know.

Thats right. It happen to me one time, I changed the sensor and the problem was solved. I also have the aftermarket engine mounts (inserts). Lee told me to remove the insert in the engine mount that is in the front of the car.

Boost Junkie, did you still recommend to remove that insert? Did Lee car is putting down the 478 whp without having the necessity of using that insert to reinforce the engine mounts, is the insert used in the engine mount behind the motor enough?

·
Registered
462 Posts
turbo-s said:
Thats right. It happen to me one time, I changed the sensor and the problem was solved. I also have the aftermarket engine mounts (inserts). Lee told me to remove the insert in the engine mount that is in the front of the car.

Boost Junkie, did you still recommend to remove that insert? Did Lee car is putting down the 478 whp without having the necessity of using that insert to reinforce the engine mounts, is the insert used in the engine mount behind the motor enough?
We are only using one engine mount insert in the rear and nothing else.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts