Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i just put on my sp-2 last week, everything was fine until i put my golf clubs in the back. I have the comptech rear sway, and my exhaust is hittin it whenever i make a sharp turn. I realigned my sway so the endlinks are straight up and it still hits. All of this started when i put a little weight in the trunk. any ideas? Help? Please! I cant get a closeup with my cam, but here are a few pics

·
No Longer Blown...
3,429 Posts
I've heard some people use exhuast wrap to pad the area thats rubbing. doesnt fix the problem really but dulls the clunk or grinding noise....
I've been looking into a Rear Sway myself, it seems they all have issues clearing the Greddy exhausts :-/

·
Registered
16,470 Posts
I've heard some people use exhuast wrap to pad the area thats rubbing. doesnt fix the problem really but dulls the clunk or grinding noise....
I've been looking into a Rear Sway myself, it seems they all have issues clearing the Greddy exhausts :-/
Tried that

Didnt work after 2 weeks when it rubbed away...

My Greddy hits my sway bar too...

and u have end links and that didnt fix the problem? i have endlinks (not installed)

good thing i didnt waste my time with those...

Are they at the shortest adjustment (endlinks)?

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tried that

Didnt work after 2 weeks when it rubbed away...

My Greddy hits my sway bar too...

and u have end links and that didnt fix the problem? i have endlinks (not installed)

good thing i didnt waste my time with those...

Are they at the shortest adjustment (endlinks)?
No i dont have the adjustable endlinks, in the installation instructions for the sway bar kit to align your endlinks so that they are vertical (straight up and down)
I've done that with the car on jackstands, and settled on the ground, both worked for a lil bit but it came back. I think that my sway is just moving side to side a little bit :ugh:

·
Registered
16,470 Posts
No i dont have the adjustable endlinks, in the installation instructions for the sway bar kit to align your endlinks so that they are vertical (straight up and down)
I've done that with the car on jackstands, and settled on the ground, both worked for a lil bit but it came back. I think that my sway is just moving side to side a little bit :ugh:
oh ok...

well there is a lotta movement with the bar, especially under a good load on a tight turn....they do move a bit...

mine only hits on left turns....i got adjustable end links...

but havnt installed yet...im told they fix the problem

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ive got some adhesive back ruber shit that im about to put on the sway to see what that does.

·
Registered
16,470 Posts
no but you have a clean ass car bro sike j/p wrap the sway with heat wrap only way the noise will go away happens with most greddy exhausts
It works for 2-3 Weeks

then you gotta re-wrap

Another trick is purchasing Thick coolant hose

Cutting it in half (long ways)

and wrapping around sway bar....that should last a little longer...

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It works for 2-3 Weeks

then you gotta re-wrap

Another trick is purchasing Thick coolant hose

Cutting it in half (long ways)

and wrapping around sway bar....that should last a little longer...
Ill try that if my sticky back rubber trick dosen't work.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts