Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
TeH Brown Ninja Turtle
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got my intercooler, fuel pressure regulator, intank fuel pump, fuel rail, and return line done all at the same time...i dynoed the car and it doesnt show torque numbers but it made a whopping 214 at the wheel, yipee...it runs a lot better then what it was running like before but its still crappy...im one of the luckier guys that gets to send his emanage back a 2nd time, yes i had supposedly already gotten a fixed emanage but i get to send it back another time to have the program reinstalled thanks to kenji who did help me out, if this doesnt fix it then :firemad: what shit will??...heres a dyno for yall to check out...

its kinda sloppy but yall can still see it...

Attachments

·
TeH Brown Ninja Turtle
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well theyre sending me another emanage, we'll see how that one turns out...supposedly the program i have on my emanage right now is messed up so theyre sending me another emanage...

·
TeH Brown Ninja Turtle
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
no not with the greddy kit, but at the time when i had bought all this stuff i was almost positive i was gonna make whole new fuel maps and boost 9psi daily driving and what not but now im not but i guess this way i wont have to worry about upgrading the fuel parts when in the future i do up the boost...the only thing i was recommened was the fuel return line and everything i did bc it was somewhat cheaper to have all the other fuel parts installed at once...

·
TeH Brown Ninja Turtle
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ya i guess so i mean maybe ask others for their opinions like turbo-s knows his stuff as do others like boosted dc5, these two have helped me a lot through pms and etc...

·
Registered
258 Posts
Inprogress,

It is my understanding that the Greddy test car is doing around 210 WHP without the intercooler and around 230WHP with the cooler. The curious part about this is that their test car still have the catalytic converter and I dont really know if it is equipped with an aftermarket catback at all. I think you should be able to get at least 230WHP or maybe more with the reprogrammed E-manage because your car is way more modified than Greddy test car.
I'm also waiting for the reprogrammed E-manage so I'm hoping at least 230 WHP with the intercooler while keeping the 6.5 - 7 pounds of boost.

Did you check your A/F ratio and EGT with the fuel return setup that you have now?

·
TeH Brown Ninja Turtle
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ya my egt is still at like 1200 which i was told is pretty normal by my shop and im also down here in texas where its lke a 100 degrees everyday...and do you think i should run 8psi considering the emanage is programmed to run rich?, like will it be enough for 8psi??...i didnt really reprogram the emange just turned up the fuel pressure on the fuel pressure regulator since the car was running so crappy...but now that i have the right emanage and with the upped fuel pressure i think 8psi should be safe dont you??...

·
TeH Brown Ninja Turtle
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hey turbo-s, do you know what all steps i should take to prevent the car from detonation??...
colder spark plugs & thermostat are the only two things i can think of anyone got any other suggestions bc its hot as hell in texas so i just wanna be extra careful...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Inprogress2 said:
ya my egt is still at like 1200 which i was told is pretty normal by my shop and im also down here in texas where its lke a 100 degrees everyday...and do you think i should run 8psi considering the emanage is programmed to run rich?, like will it be enough for 8psi??...i didnt really reprogram the emange just turned up the fuel pressure on the fuel pressure regulator since the car was running so crappy...but now that i have the right emanage and with the upped fuel pressure i think 8psi should be safe dont you??...
look what i think is happening w your car is that you put more fuel on to it wich is one of the things that the kit is not doing on the high rpms at low rpms the system runs rich but not on high rpms i think your 7000 rpm blimp is due to the lack of fuel on the high end in the high rpms side , then it picks up back up due to the fact that you added more fuel mechanically, just a theory kenji stated that they are having some problems w the e manage , that the emanage is not being able to put to work the up graded injectors seems to me that you sill have that problem, get it reprogramed dyno it again and then if the curve of power is rigth turn up the boost dont doit now, that spot in the 7000rpms is to worry about and is not right, to prevent detonation use 93 or more octane fuel good grade , replace thermostat ,plugs ,use a octane booster if possible , other than that is tunning on the ecm

·
Registered
258 Posts
gualicho said:
look what i think is happening w your car is that you put more fuel on to it wich is one of the things that the kit is not doing on the high rpms at low rpms the system runs rich but not on high rpms i think your 7000 rpm blimp is due to the lack of fuel on the high end in the high rpms side , then it picks up back up due to the fact that you added more fuel mechanically, just a theory kenji stated that they are having some problems w the e manage , that the emanage is not being able to put to work the up graded injectors seems to me that you sill have that problem, get it reprogramed dyno it again and then if the curve of power is rigth turn up the boost dont doit now, that spot in the 7000rpms is to worry about and is not right, to prevent detonation use 93 or more octane fuel good grade , replace thermostat ,plugs ,use a octane booster if possible , other than that is tunning on the ecm
Inprogress,

Gualicho is right.
Another thing you have to consider is the E-manage capability to keep retarding the ignition while increasing boost. Since we dont know that, I think running at 8-9 psi would be the maximum while using 100 octane gas just to be careful. You should ask this question to Kenji.
I just got my Mugen fan switch and thermostat today. That was one of the tips Kenji gave me to keep everything colder.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.