Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering whats the max amount of boost I could run with stock internals and a greddy turbo kit? Right now I have the typical i/h/e and I have finally started doing research on FI kits. Any ideas? Wouldn't a k20 type r motor cause me to run less boost due to the slightly higher compression? Just wondering.

Thanks in advance

Joe

·
ChemE
520 Posts
k204lyfe said:
I was just wondering whats the max amount of boost I could run with stock internals and a greddy turbo kit? Right now I have the typical i/h/e and I have finally started doing research on FI kits. Any ideas? Wouldn't a k20 type r motor cause me to run less boost due to the slightly higher compression? Just wondering.

Thanks in advance

Joe

The highest I have seen is at 12psi. If you have a type R motor it is higher compression and it would be safe to run lower boost pressures.

·
K series tuning liberator
2,364 Posts
when you get on the dyno for tuning, you will see the effects of high boost pressures using the T517Z turbo. I have documented this with my experience.....read up and see for yourself.

·
K series tuning liberator
2,364 Posts
its hard to say......it depends on how well you drive. Launches in a turbo RSX is key, if u can get that down...i would say high 12's.

·
Registered
727 Posts
k204lyfe said:
so ur estimatin high 12s with slicks or street tires like falkens? And at how many psi of boost?
I know that my RSX can run a 12.9 on street tires.
I have raced many cars that run low low 13's and walk them pretty good (in the street) raced the same cars on the track, and run basically their same time or 1 10th quiker.
I'm comparing it to my buddies Z28
He runs 8.6 at the 8th and I ran a best of 8.5
He ran a 13.1 this summer after driving his car for 6 hours and staging right away.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.