Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im having some problems regulating boost....Originally the boost would shoot up to 10+ psi without me having any control over it....I decided to loosen up the actuator arm by removing the actuator and loosening some threads....After doing this boost would shoot up to 10, drop to 5, then stay at 7...very wierd

I tightened it up a little more today and now what it is doing is shooting all the way up to 12-15 psi which is scary high......ive checked all the vaccum lines - if there was a vaccum problem the boost gauge wouldnt even be reading properly......do you think i have a bad actuator? any help would be appreciated

·
Banned
3,435 Posts
Stupid question.. What is a wastegate, and do I need one? Does the greddy kit come with one, or do I have to buy it seperate?

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
the greddy kit comes with an internal wastegate. a wastegate lets exhuast gases bypass the turbo so you stay at a certain boost level

·
Registered
284 Posts
pyropete said:
Stupid question.. What is a wastegate, and do I need one? Does the greddy kit come with one, or do I have to buy it seperate?
You bought a turbo kit, without knowing the components of it and what they do?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts