Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I get a greddy with hondata #4. If not can you increase the rev limit on thr greddy system???

·
Murderator
13,398 Posts
In less than 2 months Greddy will be releasing A hondata program that has been designed side by side with both parties....It will do many things among them are changing Cam timing netting over 30whp at stock boost, With Greddy R&D saying there is a possibility of more at higher boost. More news to come within the next couple weeks....I will be sure to update when I know more.

·
Banned
3,435 Posts
Hmmm, so it wont be hondata 4, but since I got hondata 4, will I be able to upgrade at a discount?

·
Murderator
13,398 Posts
Yes...since your have already purchased with Hondata you should be elegible (sp) for a discount

·
Banned
3,435 Posts
Kickass man.. Disregard the PM that had to do with this.. Hmm, nbow I need to know where I can get this hondata done, and if I shoudl just wait lol.. GRRRR.. And to think that I was just going to flash back to normal.. I wonder how much power it will produce, and if I will need to build internals right away if I got the flash :dontknow:

·
riiiiiiight
2,405 Posts
Arcticblue said:
In less than 2 months Greddy will be releasing A hondata program that has been designed side by side with both parties....It will do many things among them are changing Cam timing netting over 30whp at stock boost, With Greddy R&D saying there is a possibility of more at higher boost. More news to come within the next couple weeks....I will be sure to update when I know more.
Where did you hear this, I haven't seen any official word...ugh!!! this throws another kink in my plan...I was going to sell my hondata flashed ECU locally and then run the greddy kit tuned with the profec e01...but if there is a reflash coming out to work with the greddy kit then shit...I guess that puts more of a delay on my kit being installed...

anyone know how much the acura dealer would charge to reflash back to stock?

·
[email protected] stock tires I/E
1,091 Posts
good idea the best of both worlds

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
dupontrsx said:
good idea the best of both worlds
Guys, all the info is posted on the first page of www.hondata.com
Do your self a favor and read it before posting all these questions.
The article is titled
K20 Programable ECU.
The cost will be $900 and some change and the people that already have hondata are going to get like a 500 dollar discount. And if you dont have an ECU, then its like $1500.
Hondata is not a stand alone, but its the best bang for the buck in my opinion. WAy better than having the profec e01, but its 3 times more expensive. You cant just buy the hondata... it comes with a base program and then they tune it from there... it can take up to 3 hours of dyno time which for me equals= 1000+375 of tuning.
WAY WORTH IT IN MY OPINION

·
Banned
793 Posts
Greddy is working with hondata to do a flash on our ecu's to work specifically with the greddy kit. The ecu on the first page is a programable ecu.......two different things man.

·
Murderator
13,398 Posts
Nossy said:
Where did you hear this, I haven't seen any official word...ugh!!! this throws another kink in my plan...I was going to sell my hondata flashed ECU locally and then run the greddy kit tuned with the profec e01...but if there is a reflash coming out to work with the greddy kit then shit...I guess that puts more of a delay on my kit being installed...

I have my sources...thats how i get info...:D

·
Registered
6,623 Posts
CWestinRSX said:
so um if they do this, it wouldnt be carb legal?
why do you care? you dont live in CA

·
The Drone
1,398 Posts
Nossy said:

he's the Ambassador. :bow:

·
riiiiiiight
2,405 Posts
I decided to go with the programmable and run my greddy kit that way...Arcticblue since you seem to be an expert...do you know if Hondata would preload that greddy flash on the programmable for me as a baseline?

·
The Drone
1,398 Posts
if you ask for the maps they will send it to you. also isn't the programmable hondata ecu only go up to 10 psi? what will you do if you want to go higher.

·
riiiiiiight
2,405 Posts
rsx m-3 said:
if you ask for the maps they will send it to you. also isn't the programmable hondata ecu only go up to 10 psi? what will you do if you want to go higher.
they upped it to 11 and it's a GOOD thing...it will keep me honest...checks and balances eheh...that way I don't get too outta hand...the 440's max out at like 11 or so I think anyways...

·
Murderator
13,398 Posts
From the info i Know....the reason why you cant boost over 10 psi with the Hondata "upgrade" is because of the cam timing and the way the fuel setup works...I believe that Hondata will have solutions for that though by changing the maps to work with higher boost...

As far as the deal with The hondata Being Pre-loaded, it will be...but you will still have to run the Emanage. The Emanage still runs the Fuel settings while in boost and pulls timing, while the Hondata box takes care of cam timing (something the Emanage cannot do)

·
riiiiiiight
2,405 Posts
Arcticblue said:
From the info i Know....the reason why you cant boost over 10 psi with the Hondata "upgrade" is because of the cam timing and the way the fuel setup works...I believe that Hondata will have solutions for that though by changing the maps to work with higher boost...

As far as the deal with The hondata Being Pre-loaded, it will be...but you will still have to run the Emanage. The Emanage still runs the Fuel settings while in boost and pulls timing, while the Hondata box takes care of cam timing (something the Emanage cannot do)
really? From what Doug told me in the programmable thread he said the programmable would control everything....shouldn't you be able to program the programmable to run the increased fuel? (welcome to the dept. of redundancy dept.) I was planning on selling the e-manage...

·
riiiiiiight
2,405 Posts
Hondata said:
The ECU can be mapped for boost applications up to 11 pounds of boost with the stock map sensor. You will not need any piggybacks.

The programmable ECU will not act as a boost controller. However, if you have a boost controller and vary the boost level, then the ECU will vary the fuel and ignition correctly for the different boost levels......

Doug
This is the post I was referring to, has something changed or were you just not aware of that aspect?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts