Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i thinking on getting a turbo but idk i live in ca and i need it to be street legal.let me know ur thoughts . thanks

·
Bańned
12,106 Posts
its not street legal

·
Registered
109 Posts
I thought they were because of the carb sticker? haha guess not.
and yea greddy is a waste of money.

But why get a greddy go all out. just dont drive like an idiot and cause attention.

·
wErd
2,618 Posts
i dont see why it wouldnt be.....in the description on the kit in the crsx store, it says it is

·
Bańned
12,106 Posts
i dont see why it wouldnt be.....in the description on the kit in the crsx store, it says it is
i never caught that lol. then bkk it right with what it needs. i guess it just needs to be dropped in

exhaust is allowed for smog in CA, its the noise that creates an issue

·
World's Best Powertrain
2,987 Posts
i never caught that lol. then bkk it right with what it needs. i guess it just needs to be dropped in

exhaust is allowed for smog in CA, its the noise that creates an issue
I don't fully understand what you just said, but it shouldn't be louder except under high load with the same exhaust and a small turbo. I would almost think it would be quieter at cruise.

·
Absolute Pro-Formance
15,515 Posts
To each his own. If you want to make big power or be super fast; aint happenin' with the greddy kit. You want a big boost in TQ and more fun at the wheel, go for it.

·
Bańned
12,106 Posts
I don't fully understand what you just said, but it shouldn't be louder except under high load with the same exhaust and a small turbo. I would almost think it would be quieter at cruise.
i meant using an aftermarket exhaust as opposed to a stock exhaust. the aftermarket is gonna be louder but you can legally pass smog with an aftermarket exhaust. now if i cop were to pull you over for your exhaust it would be for a noise pollution violation, not for smog purposes. sorry if that didnt make sense.

if you want to stay legal and get a good bump in hp go with greddy. i wouldnt recommend putting more power than that in a fwd car anyway lol

·
The Architect™
7,449 Posts
i thinking on getting a turbo but idk i live in ca and i need it to be street legal.let me know ur thoughts . thanks
Greddy kit was carb pending, never carb approved. It will never be street legal in California.

If you want boost and to be street legal get a super charger but you will be limited in HP by the reflashes from comptech because technically even just having Kpro in your car is illegal

·
ummmm VTEC!
2,239 Posts
Greddy kit was carb pending, never carb approved. It will never be street legal in California.

If you want boost and to be street legal get a super charger but you will be limited in HP by the reflashes from comptech because technically even just having Kpro in your car is illegal
yeah that.

i PM'd greddy a while back asking why the rsx greddy kit is still pending and the s2k kit is legal even with a slightly larger turbo than the rsx kit.

this is what i was emailed back

"Thank your for your interest in GReddy products.
Actually the RSX kits do not yet have a CARB EO number.
Unfortunately it isn't the size of the turbo that determines if it can meet the emission standards for a CARB EO. It also depends on the original standards the vehicle is certified as. TLEV, ULEV, LEV, etc. It can also be just where the original Catalytic converter is mounted in relation to the exhaust manifold, that determines how difficult it is to meet Cold Start standards. Once the vehicle is warmed up with any of our bolt-on kits, they will generally pass normal smog checks. There are many factors that play into getting a CARB EO number."

·
ummmm VTEC!
2,239 Posts
and thats all he emailed me back. i emailed him again a couple days after that, but never got a reply :dontknow:

·
Bańned
12,106 Posts
yeah that.

i PM'd greddy a while back asking why the rsx greddy kit is still pending and the s2k kit is legal even with a slightly larger turbo than the rsx kit.

this is what i was emailed back

"Thank your for your interest in GReddy products.
Actually the RSX kits do not yet have a CARB EO number.
Unfortunately it isn't the size of the turbo that determines if it can meet the emission standards for a CARB EO. It also depends on the original standards the vehicle is certified as. TLEV, ULEV, LEV, etc. It can also be just where the original Catalytic converter is mounted in relation to the exhaust manifold, that determines how difficult it is to meet Cold Start standards. Once the vehicle is warmed up with any of our bolt-on kits, they will generally pass normal smog checks. There are many factors that play into getting a CARB EO number."
and thats all he emailed me back. i emailed him again a couple days after that, but never got a reply :dontknow:
i just emailed them regarding this.

i saw you sold your 3" piping :(

·
Bańned
12,106 Posts
got a response:

from [email protected] <[email protected]>
to XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

dateWed, Jan 27, 2010 at 7:04 PM
subjectRe: RSX-S Turbo Kit
mailed-bygreddy.com

hide details 7:04 PM (14 hours ago)

Thank you for your interest in GReddy products.
Currently the RSX turbo kit is not covered under any CARB EO, sorry

---

Check out the latest from our new GReddy USA Blog : http://greddy-usa.blogspot.com/
or follow us on twitter: http://twitter.com/GReddy_Power

GReddy Performance Products, Inc.
9 Vanderbilt
Irvine, CA 92618
(949) 588-8300
www.greddy.com

1 - 16 of 16 Posts