Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my 04 TSX motor and ive spent the last 2 days at work dealing with information overload. Mostly i have read up and figured out what i want to do and use but with the few grey areas I am having trouble deciphering what I should get & do. I have a few questions but first ill explain what i am trying to do with it. I am daily-ing this motor avg 30 miles a day mostly freeway, a little spirited driving on the weekends and maybe one track day. I am going the full bolt on route first to enjoy the car then maybe boost later down the road (1.5-2 years). I have most of my mods figured out i just need to have some light shed on the grey areas i have.

My bolt ons:
Intake: Custom Short Ram CAI style
TB: RSX Type S
IM: ?
Cam: 06/08 TSX Intake?
VTC: ?
EM: PLM
CB: Invidia Q300

My questions
1. Keep the RBB manifold or go RBC? Not sure if there is a difference between 04/05 and 06/08 RBB manifolds, i read the intake manifold shootout and im not sure what would be better for going full bolt ons? Im up in the air about either especially considering i might want to boost down the road.
2. Should i drop in the type S VTC, modify the pre existing VTC to 40*/45* or leave as is. Not sure what would be more beneficial for my mods and desire for the car.
3. Would it be acceptable to just drop in the 06/08 intake cam or would it not even be worth it for my set up.

·
Registered
842 Posts
what calibration did u use?

·
Vaginal Lubrication Tech
338 Posts
My questions
1. Keep the RBB manifold or go RBC? Not sure if there is a difference between 04/05 and 06/08 RBB manifolds, i read the intake manifold shootout and im not sure what would be better for going full bolt ons? Im up in the air about either especially considering i might want to boost down the road.
i would just keep the RBB on.

2. Should i drop in the type S VTC, modify the pre existing VTC to 40*/45* or leave as is. Not sure what would be more beneficial for my mods and desire for the car.
the 45 is your best option.

3. Would it be acceptable to just drop in the 06/08 intake cam or would it not even be worth it for my set up.
I think it would be worth it

·
Registered
25 Posts
rbb manifold offers more tq at lower end but chokes at higher rpm.
I had rbc mani on my k24a2 and it breathed much better up top.
06-08 TSX wont yield enough power to justify the $.
yes get the RBC *50 VTC gear.
I had RBC vtc gear at full *50 with 0 pvc. 0 issues. with bigger cams...yes tune it down to *40.
if you a k24a2 and you want cams..go with drag cartel or some type of *stage 3ish* cam without the need of replacing valvetrain. a2 with good cams makes super good power. check k20a.org *k24a2 pushed to its limits* thread

1 - 7 of 7 Posts