Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Power of Dreams
3,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Gruppe M has arrived...pics inside and video

Well I just finished installing it. Pics will be up later. ONE WORD--BEAUTIFUL!!! Instructions were worthless for the most part, but not really that difficult to install. Going out driving in just a few minutes and will report back later on the feel.

Also just posted a video, daytime this time, a quick blast to 175km/h (107.5mph). This one is a 640x480size, but it is mono sound, as when I converted to stereo, it jumped up huge in size. This is without the intake, it was taken on Sunday evening. Please right click and save as.

VIDEO

Hope you enjoy!

Sorry link works now, had too many http://'s. DOH

Chris

·
Registered
248 Posts
The link doesn't work

·
pete
1,088 Posts
K20ADC5R - nice video, car sounds awesome!:) My gruppeM intake was installed last week so i know what you mean when you said BEAUTIFUL!!! :):)

·
[email protected] stock tires I/E
1,091 Posts
Why does your car sound like that at higher rpm's? Is it misfiring or something thats what it sounds like or your bouncing it off the rev limiter.

·
Ur Post Count Means Nada!
4,510 Posts
dupontrsx said:
Why does your car sound like that at higher rpm's? Is it misfiring or something thats what it sounds like or your bouncing it off the rev limiter.
I think that sound is just due to the fact that the microphone on the digicam cant capture how deep/high pitched the exhaust is at that RPM that it just stutters because it cant go any deeper/higher. You hear the sound from 1st to 2nd, but not from 2nd to 3rd. Car sounds AWESOME Chris, i cannot wait to see pics of the intake installed.
-Jalal

·
Power of Dreams
3,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK, I will be uploading pics shortly of the intake. Didn't get crazy last night, went to show one of my friends who was working. Definitely added some pickup though. At first it didn't feel like so much, but not sure if the computer finally realized a difference or what, but it changed feelings on the way home and into work this morning. I'll try to have pics up within the hour or so.

Chris

·
Power of Dreams
3,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pics Pics

OK, as promised here are some pics. The quality of the carbon box is just that PURE QUALITY!

Some more blued Amuse exhaust piping...

·
Power of Dreams
3,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
knight_ryder00 said:
damn, that exhaust is hott omg. How much was it?
It wasn't cheap, when I bought it the yen/$ exchange was a little better than right now, so it came to like $1100, currently it would be like $1200.

Chris

·
Power of Dreams
3,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
P-Type said:
What happened to the video?
I don't know, is it not working now?

The risk of sucking water, possibly, but there is a drain hole at the bottom of the carbon box and also it would have to be a monsoon really to ingest that much water. GruppeM suggests to remove the scoop in HEAVY rains.

Pic of the exhaust tip, yeah here...

·
493 Posts
DAYYYUUUMMMM!!! Your car is freakin hot man!! I like the mods you have chosen!!

Keep up the good work!
:thumbsup:

·
Central PA AMSOIL dealer
5,590 Posts
Chris, where is your breather hose running too? NICE INTAKE MAN!! :thumbsup:

·
Power of Dreams
3,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
7900rpms said:
Chris, where is your breather hose running too? NICE INTAKE MAN!! :thumbsup:
Scott,
It runs into the intake. I'll try to get a close up pic later.

Thanks again everyone. I don't know if it is the best intake/exhaust combo, but I am definitely pleased with them. And if I were to do it over again, the same choices would be made.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts