Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if u guys had a chance to make this decision, which one would you take...
GTI 1.8T or RSX (base)

·
Registered
7,126 Posts
LxSuperManxA said:
definitely gti 1.8 over the base. Now if it was a Type S that would be a different story.

agreed....i've never driver the GTI but i've driven both RSX's and althought the base is still an excellent and peppy car, it's still not quite as fun as the type-S....plus you can't go wrong with a turbo ;)

lat-R

·
what the problem is ?
3,875 Posts
GTI 1.8t 20th anniv if you can get it, 6th gear helps a lot :) yet my bro still cant catch me :p :D (it may change this summer :nervous: )

·
Registered
28 Posts
:driving: :beerchug: :vomit: definitely take the GTI only cause its stock turbo and i like the body stiling myself they also have some sick body kits for the GTI also

·
Registered
785 Posts
VW has horrible warranty and is waay overpriced (parts too)..look at the long haul and youll see that reliability in honda/acura outlasts VW
Id still choose RSX

·
tie - coorz
1,245 Posts
rsx styling catches eyes way more then a gti....then again, gti has tons of power....upgradeable to like 450hp....u want fast, go gti. you want styling, go rsx.

·
Banned
170 Posts
Golgo113 said:
VW has horrible warranty and is waay overpriced (parts too)..look at the long haul and youll see that reliability in honda/acura outlasts VW
Id still choose RSX
4 years, 50k warranty? how is that bad?

·
Banned
170 Posts
an honestly guys...go sit in a GTI or Jetta with leather interior...it doesnt get much better than that for 20k's

·
no longer moderate
5,145 Posts
Ballrof2k said:
if u guys had a chance to make this decision, which one would you take...
GTI 1.8T or RSX (base)
get the gti! i own a rsx(s) and a 1.8t jetta(02) and the vw is a solid car and the 02 cars dyno 205-210 whp out of the box! really they do! not bad, but the car needs a diet! other than that it is a great way to go!
...mateo
ps the gti has got to be the same price new or close to the type s....

·
Registered Loser
2,094 Posts
I had a 2001 GTi 1.8T for 3 years. It was the biggest chunk of shit ever.

Adios, VW - we'll never meet again.

·
what the problem is ?
3,875 Posts
i dotnkown, we're happy wiht our 20th anniv :dontknow: and even happier with the RSX :laughing:

·
They teens but they clean
393 Posts
I'd go RSX.

Certain cars, brand names, countrie's of origin, etc. have a certain stigma. For me, Volkswagen = a girls car. Maybe it's something my friends and I made up in our heads, but I just think of Volkswagen being for girls...and hippies. Yeah, so it may beat a RSX in a race...it's still a golf. If a srt-4 beat's my S in a race, it's still a neon.

Just an opinion

·
Master Member Modulator
5,227 Posts
Go sit in and drive both cars. Pick the one you like best for YOU! Its fine to come here and ask opinions, but take them with a grain of salt. You can't write off a car simply because one or two people post that they had a bad experience with it. There have been some crappy GTI's, and you can rest assured that there are some crappy RSX's too. Thats why they have the Lemon Law.

In the end you ned to go with what is going to make you happy. If you need other people to tell you what kind of car to buy then you shouldn't be buying a car!

Craig

·
Turning is more fun
365 Posts
I'd say go to both dealers and test drive both..both have their own style and plus and negitives to them. I have a GTI but i do like the RSX more when it comes to style...but then again, that'd only be the type S b/c of what you can do to them. :dontknow:

·
Registered Loser
2,094 Posts
you know, I really like the 337 and 20AE models, but i think the MK IV platform is really starting to show it's age. I mean, it was introduced in Germany in what, 98? 99?

If you're serious about a GTi, at least wait for the new ones later this year (?).

·
Registered
92 Posts
My friend has a stock VR6 Golf, not the 1.8 turbo, and I must admit, the car is very impressive. The interior amenities could rival even those of the 3 series BMW's. I also had the chance to drive it, and it felt really fast and power was available at any range. If it was betwwen the GTI and a base RSX, I'd pick the VW. The GTI against the Type-S though is a different story. I still think that the GTI has a better interior, overall. It has heated seats, automatic wipers and all that. Performance wise, the Type-S has better numbers so I'd go with the Type-S.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts