Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, Im looking at Picking up a NOS 05130 kit in the next month or so... I plan on upgrading to either a 15 or a 20 pound bottle so I don't have to worry about fillin up every other week!

Im going to be poppin in the 75 pill right off the get go but don't plan on going any higher then that!

Now my question's are,

1. I have been looking at guages and am thinking that I will deffinatley require a N2O pressure guage and a Fuel Pressure Guage. Ive been leaning towards the Autometer C2 series, anyone every use these? How do you like them?

2. Also would you happen to know if the guages come with everything required to do the installation?

3. I have been looking around for A pillar dual gauge pods and Im wondering if any of you have found one that will drop right into a type S and look GOOD? Without any painting and such. I just want to install it and leave it, not mess around with sanding, primer, and paint!

Can't wait to be squeezing friends and Ill keep you all updated as my project comes along, Thanks for any help that you can give, :)

Adam
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
382 Posts
I bought the ClubRSX Gauge Pod and have gotten many compliments towards it. Everyone asks me if the gauges came stock.

Oh and from what I remember the gauges did come with everything i needed.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,054 Posts
i think they all need painted.

you don't get the blue adapter block, but if you don't use the liquid filled pressure gauge, you don't need another one for the n2o pressure.

i have the pod that high-rev used to sell, now c-rsx sells some, tri-pod with (from the top) n20, fuel, and oil pressure.

I also have the ultra lites that he has above me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
WarmPepsi said:
i think they all need painted.

you don't get the blue adapter block, but if you don't use the liquid filled pressure gauge, you don't need another one for the n2o pressure.

i have the pod that high-rev used to sell, now c-rsx sells some, tri-pod with (from the top) n20, fuel, and oil pressure.

I also have the ultra lites that he has above me.

What color do the ultralite's glow at night? Would you reccomend them?
Thanks... Adam
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,054 Posts
VanCityk20a2 said:
Cool, thanks for the help!
thats what we're here for :thumbsup:


update: good news, at the big meet a week ago, i fried my nitrous gauge. I left my bottle warmer on, and pluged the charger up to it, and turned it on medium so the bat wouldn't run dead. Well, the cord got kicked or somethin, and it wasn't plugged in. I went to turn it over and snap, nothin. the n2o gauge wouldn't reset. I send it in last tues. Called that friday and they hadn't opened it. Called tues this week, and she said "i can't test it here, we don't have the stuff, so i'm takin your word and sending you a replacement gauge" :thumbsup: Autometer isn't half bad when you keep on them :laughing:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
WarmPepsi said:
thats what we're here for :thumbsup:


update: good news, at the big meet a week ago, i fried my nitrous gauge. I left my bottle warmer on, and pluged the charger up to it, and turned it on medium so the bat wouldn't run dead. Well, the cord got kicked or somethin, and it wasn't plugged in. I went to turn it over and snap, nothin. the n2o gauge wouldn't reset. I send it in last tues. Called that friday and they hadn't opened it. Called tues this week, and she said "i can't test it here, we don't have the stuff, so i'm takin your word and sending you a replacement gauge" :thumbsup: Autometer isn't half bad when you keep on them :laughing:
Right on... Listen I have a couple of nood questions for you experianced vets...

1. How do you know your running low on juice?
2. Does the pressure drop when you only have a few pounds left in the bottle?
3. Does running a second bottle help maintain PSI? For example the Zex maximizer kit that adds a second bottle...
4. And the last... Is it possible to hit mid to low 13's with a 75 shot and no other mods?

Thanks guys...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,054 Posts
1. pressure drops quicker when spraying. ( take the bottle out and weigh it, that tells you exactly what you have left )

2. yes, it is harder to keep optimal psi.

3. not anymore than a bigger bottle. just means 2 sets of heaters, openers, ..... and so forth.

4. 75 with no other mods? i don't think anyone has ran 75 without a cai :D When jeramy was runnin one of the first rsx's with nx on the boards, he ran a 13.8 with a 50, and someone else had run a 13.2 on 75. ( don't remember if it was jeramy or someone else ). So yes, it's possible, but it's all in the launch. You won't go out and do it the first, second, or twentith time. That takes practice. practice. practice.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
WarmPepsi said:
1. pressure drops quicker when spraying. ( take the bottle out and weigh it, that tells you exactly what you have left )

2. yes, it is harder to keep optimal psi.

3. not anymore than a bigger bottle. just means 2 sets of heaters, openers, ..... and so forth.

4. 75 with no other mods? i don't think anyone has ran 75 without a cai :D When jeramy was runnin one of the first rsx's with nx on the boards, he ran a 13.8 with a 50, and someone else had run a 13.2 on 75. ( don't remember if it was jeramy or someone else ). So yes, it's possible, but it's all in the launch. You won't go out and do it the first, second, or twentith time. That takes practice. practice. practice.
Sweet pepsi... I knew I could count on you for some answers... I definatley appreciate the info
One last thing... do you have to wait for the bottle to be empty before you can fill it up.
Thanks again
Adam
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
OK here's another one I got for you guys... Im looking at purchasing a NOS universal wet system. Ive been reading up at nosnitrous.com and Im considering buying the kit for 8 Cylinder engines. It comes with a 75, 100, and 125 pill's instead of the universal 4 and 6 cylinder kits that only come with a 30, 50 and 75 pill's. Now since I am going to start with a 75 shot, wouldn't it make more sence to have bigger jets for future use? Is there any other disadvantages going this route, or should I stick to what is designed for my car..
Thanks again
Adam
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
WarmPepsi said:
i never reccommend over a 75 shot on the rsx-s.

so yes, getting the higher jets is a nono. you start expontially raising the odds at higher amounts.

also, soldier is solder, not solger.
Wow my bad, shit I feel like an ass.... I must of had a few rum and cokes when typing that, anyways time for a change...

I am planning on the 75 shot stock... But what Im saying is for future use wouldn't it be ideal to have the extra jets so you don't have to purchase them later on down the road? I will never use the 30 or 50 pill!

Also isn't the rule of thumb that a stock motor is capable of 50% increase over stock power... That would mean that a 100 shot would be OK for a type S... Not saying Im going to do that but that is the rule of thumb..

Thoughts?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,054 Posts
no, the rule of thumb is 30-35%.

again, i'm not too experience with nos kits, i'd assume it'd be the same as the other kit though, i'd talk to the vendor or confirm that it's the same beforehand (can't imagine it'd be different though )
 
1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top