Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed the window trim issue has become an epidemic with this car. So I took the time to make a video on how to do this properly. As noted in one of the other guides floating around our forum, you do not have to throw away your old window trim pieces (as long as the clips aren't broken) if you purchase new ones or want to re-use your old ones for new paint. Just scrape/shave the old cracked paint off with a razor blade and you can respray them.

Here's a link to my youtube video. I hope this helps!!

http://youtu.be/MrIzlB8nbAk

·
I am not perfect...
465 Posts
Awesome, thanks a lot man. There are some DIYs on painting this but they skipped the removal step of the trim. This solved the great mystery. I will be painting mine this weekend!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Glad I could help! I'm gonna be putting this in the DIY section. I totally forgot about the DIY section. Silly me! :p

·
Du ma
2,230 Posts
/Sorry to revive old thread, but the video is private. Can you fix it?
All you're really doing is pulling that trim away with your fingers away from your car slightly. They're just held down by clicks. Pretty simple. Then to put it back on, just snap them in

edit: held on by CLIPS, not clicks lol

·
Registered
8 Posts
Been looking for this video thanks man! Shit looks like cancer needs a new spray for sure but didn’t know how to go about getting it off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for the vid! I ordered some gloss vinyl wrap for 10 bucks and wrapped them in 15 minutes using a hair dryer. Look great!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts