Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

61 - 80 of 268 Posts

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
That is the short term fuel trim in %. So if you are cruising in closed loop and the S.trim is 10%, it means the ECU is adding 10% fuel to get that 14.5-7 A/F.

The less work the ECU needs to do, the better tuned your tables are.

·
!!!Master Member!!!
5,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
smp606 said:
That is the short term fuel trim in %. So if you are cruising in closed loop and the S.trim is 10%, it means the ECU is adding 10% fuel to get that 14.5-7 A/F.

The less work the ECU needs to do, the better tuned your tables are.
And this value can be changed manually?

·
Member?
353 Posts
park83rsx said:
For part throttle, I try to keep the trim values less than + or - 5%.
For part throttle, over time, I guess the ECU will smooth things out on its own. But I find for bigger changes in throttle, such as WOT to none, I don't get that same jolt due to lack of fuel. And less hesitation when going from none or partial to WOT. Plus, I feel better knowing that the tables actually say what my engine wants, despite being closed loop. It certainly doesn't hurt to tune part throttle, and like some will say, it is not necessary, but in my case I found it worthwhile doing.

·
Member?
353 Posts
SiK LiL pLaYa said:
And this value can be changed manually?
No, the S. Trim is a number the ECU calculates. It is the difference between what your fuel table says, and what the O2 sensor registers. S. Trim will eventually become L. Trim.

·
Registered
13,797 Posts
Good stuff for the new tuners on this site. I've been using Lambda Overlay ever since it came out and I love it! +rep

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
What if when you adjust the fuel and the graph shows a huge spike or hole that looks pretty dangerous, would that be normal?

·
Registered
13,797 Posts
Of course not; don't be rediculous.

·
Registered
5,069 Posts
TeK said:
What if when you adjust the fuel and the graph shows a huge spike or hole that looks pretty dangerous, would that be normal?
Sometimes you just have to use your gut fealing of whats good or bad.And like tryfe stated and huge spike or hole will most likely be a very bad thing.

Also i dont use lambda overlay very mutch.But i do still use it, however only when i have my a/f straight as i can really get and have fuel balanced pretty well.So while we are on the topic of temperature compensation.If i already have my values for temp compensation entered in.And say i need to fine tune a little more can i do so by leaving the values the way they are?

·
Registered
13,797 Posts
I either leave the temp compensation numbers the same if the iat is +-5 degrees but even then it could mess with the a/f a tad. It's best to tune a/f at a steady IAT temperature to get the best out of the tune as far as i'm concerned. So usually in one night, you would be tuning the a/f to whatever perfection is in your book.

·
Registered
13,797 Posts
You're welcome. :D

·
Registered
7,639 Posts
smp606 said:
That is the way to go! Did you ever notice the car feeling different when the S. Trim values were higher?

The lower the absolute value of the S Trim is the smoother the car feels in my opinion.

·
1,200hp stable... Bitches
7,473 Posts
I would just like to say great right-up and +1 for you. It's people like you that take the time to provide these sort of detailed instructions that gave me the confindence in getting K-Pro. I do have just one silly question though... I just installed K-Pro 2 days ago, and I'm going to go start street tuning for the first time tomorrow. And I'm just screwing around with other peoples datalogs and calabrations, and I don't have a "EDIT ALL TABLES" box to check next to a drop bar of cam degrees. Why not and where is it. Thanks again for the great write up sik.

·
!!!Master Member!!!
5,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
RoadRunner Type S said:
I would just like to say great right-up and +1 for you. It's people like you that take the time to provide these sort of detailed instructions that gave me the confindence in getting K-Pro. I do have just one silly question though... I just installed K-Pro 2 days ago, and I'm going to go start street tuning for the first time tomorrow. And I'm just screwing around with other peoples datalogs and calabrations, and I don't have a "EDIT ALL TABLES" box to check next to a drop bar of cam degrees. Why not and where is it. Thanks again for the great write up sik.
If you are looking at cam angles you will not be able to check the box but if you are looking at fuel and ignition you will be able to check the box.

·
1,200hp stable... Bitches
7,473 Posts
Thanks for the help... I got a datalog done and yikes... I better get to work.

·
RIP 2/4/2009
4,736 Posts
Noob warning!!
OK I'm a k-pro noob and while using this GREAT write up I found an interesting thing, I opened the "Adjust Selected Values" dialog, decided to not put a value in and hit OK instead of CANCEL, ouch!!, it loads a 0 in the value for all 6 cam angles, that was a pain in the ass to recover from.

·
Registered
7,639 Posts
Oside Jimc said:
Noob warning!!
OK I'm a k-pro noob and while using this GREAT write up I found an interesting thing, I opened the "Adjust Selected Values" dialog, decided to not put a value in and hit OK instead of CANCEL, ouch!!, it loads a 0 in the value for all 6 cam angles, that was a pain in the ass to recover from.

Yup, I did that by accident tuning part throttle in open loop once. It put a couple 0s right at 2200 rpm and the car would sputter every time it hit that.

·
!!!Master Member!!!
5,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
Oside Jimc said:
Noob warning!!
Great info I added it to the first part and wrote that its by you.

61 - 80 of 268 Posts