Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 734 Posts

·
Pancakes
5,343 Posts
That guy is either a gun dealer, or the flagship member of the tinfoil hat club. Either way :drool:

·
Master Member
5,078 Posts
that photo reminds me i need some new batteries for my tlr1 lol!

and i've got some updated/better images of some stuff plus that kimber i traded off.

finally got my simmons scope mounted on the damn thing lol! yea i'm lazy... took a few images though... it goes out for threading tomorrow since i didn't get a call back today. i'll also go ahead and get a bipod mount going on on the bottom. i can't decide if i want to put the studs on for a sling or not... might leave it clean.

and what everyone wants...

left to right: 22lr, 9mm 147 grain, 5.7x28, and 223

did get to shoot it saturday, my phone was pretty much dead and i have no video camera soooo no video on my end of the thing shooting. i only put 10 rounds through it myself anyways. in due time i'll have rounds for it... i've been in a bid war with folks on gun broker :( keep losing out on rounds cause the cost shoots up waaay more than i am willing to pay.

·
Master Member
5,078 Posts
The 5.7 stuff seems to be a little spendy, at least from what the local guys are selling it for, especially the AP stuff, would love to have a Five Seven though
5.7 right now is stupid high because people are price gouging the shit outta the public. dealers are abusing everything because the round is in very very short supply. cabela's is about the only one not ass raping the public. for instance... a store local has some of the hornady rounds they want 32 per box, cabelas sells the same for 24 a box. surprise??? not really... they're just d bags. i'd probably be around 23 to 24 a box myself. plus once american eagle picks up some slack and starts shelling out the rounds you'll see maaaaaaaybe 20 to 22 a box. which i'm cool with.

·
Vietnamese Singer
28,049 Posts
5.7 right now is stupid high because people are price gouging the shit outta the public. dealers are abusing everything because the round is in very very short supply. cabela's is about the only one not ass raping the public. for instance... a store local has some of the hornady rounds they want 32 per box, cabelas sells the same for 24 a box. surprise??? not really... they're just d bags. i'd probably be around 23 to 24 a box myself. plus once american eagle picks up some slack and starts shelling out the rounds you'll see maaaaaaaybe 20 to 22 a box. which i'm cool with.
All the guys on the local forum want ~$50 a box! Which is ridiculous, no one else locally carries 5.7 except Cabela's but the closest store is 2.5 hours out. If I ever found it for $20/box I could probably justify owning one :laughing:

·
Master Member
5,078 Posts
All the guys on the local forum want ~$50 a box! Which is ridiculous, no one else locally carries 5.7 except Cabela's but the closest store is 2.5 hours out. If I ever found it for $20/box I could probably justify owning one :laughing:
lol yea they're all assholes for selling at that cost. cabelas sells them online for 20 something, that's most likely where i'll end up getting mine from until some stock comes around.

one distributor told me that they caught fn off guard on their demand. he said they sent out 2 MILLION rounds in 72 days. which if i remember what my math was it was something like 28,000 rounds a day going out the door to dealers. :eek:

·
Point and Shoot?
2,493 Posts
Got some new lighting for my gun safe today at Lowe's.

Guns: Mosin Nagant 91/30, Ruger 10/22 Carb, Remington 870, Spikes Ar-15, S&W M&P9c, S&W 442, FNH FNP-45, Ruger SR9c, Ruger Mark III.

1 - 20 of 734 Posts