Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i seen pictures of HIDS around and about on the board... i have a NBP type s and im thinking of ggteting the purple look. i plan on buying these soon but i dont know which company to get? ive considered XD, CATZ, ECT. can you guys pleaseeeee give me some advices on why to get a certain company or why not to get a certain company... im a student whoes working minumum and saveed enough for it so i want something thatll last long, wont have problems, and the color will stay and not turn yellow like some HID's...
if someone is kind enough to help me out on this one your are :thumbsup: #1!!! can you guys show me some pictures of 5k and 6k... maybee ill consider both but im leaning alot more towwards 6k

ps: if your one of those people that are ggonna tell me to search just dont reply, cuz ill truthfully admitt i didnt want to search cuz im tired as hell right now. ok that is all...

:sleep: time to go to sleep now

·
Registered
35 Posts
everything above 6000k is CRAP :thumbsdow (no offense to anyone who might have anything higher then that)

6000k is okie too

go to www.hidforum.com

and do a OEM refro fit with the projectors and HID b/c its MORE legal haha and plus they use the 4100/4300k bulbs

also more light on the road for you

and plus if you like the "FLICKER" effect like you see on some bmw's and audi's then do that projector retro the performance is soo awesome with the projectors but anyways do what makes you happy ..

im just trying to help you out here in making a better choice
peace

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Soichiro_Honda said:
Purple= no fucken help of letting you see the road at night.
A halogen would help you see better.

Phillips-Hella the best, all the others are imitators.
If you want the best looking purple-ish light. Phillips 6000k

yeah but isnt XenonDepot phillips based too? which one will be better? it seems like the majority of people here are getting XenonDepot? can i ask why ? and so 6000k i wont see shit on the road? will it be wore or better than stock lights?

pS: i have the real jdm headlights on as well =(

·
Registered
5,054 Posts
oem uses 4300, or 4100 bulbs because the housings are designed for hid.

the rsx was not, and we use higher. i'll use 4300 and 4100 interchangably as i talk about this.

XD 6k = purpleish white. You'll be able to see fine, better than stock
XD 5k = blueish white. You'll see anything and everything.

The idea about the retrofit for beam cutoff is a great idea, but much more costly and time consuming than the standard hid kit.

now if you go with other companies, they may sell an 8k as a blue. then, you're not gonna see crap. I believe xenondepot.com has some good reading and info for you, if you're serious. And yes, all aftermarket hid is illegal.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
WarmPepsi said:
oem uses 4300, or 4100 bulbs because the housings are designed for hid.

the rsx was not, and we use higher. i'll use 4300 and 4100 interchangably as i talk about this.

XD 6k = purpleish white. You'll be able to see fine, better than stock
XD 5k = blueish white. You'll see anything and everything.

The idea about the retrofit for beam cutoff is a great idea, but much more costly and time consuming than the standard hid kit.

now if you go with other companies, they may sell an 8k as a blue. then, you're not gonna see crap. I believe xenondepot.com has some good reading and info for you, if you're serious. And yes, all aftermarket hid is illegal.

damn the topic of HID is so big and broad that i get so confuzed. :firemad: only if i can learn the basics but i dont even know the basics, and here i am wanting some HID's w/o even knowing anything about them. stupid me. lol

got jdm headlights and dont know which company to go with. anybody know if some company named hellla and catz are better than XenonDepot?

·
Registered
5,054 Posts
a lot of it is personal opinion. I've only had good experiences with xd, so naturally i stuck with them. The more important thing to know, is what brands of bulbs + ballasts you're getting. If i remember, xd's are philips ballasts + bulbs.

·
Registered
282 Posts
herez mine....xtec 7000k these are made in japan...itz all about jdm....but yea phillips and hella makes the best ballst/kits, just im all about jdm so i choose this instead of the phillips even tho it was only a $50 dollar differences

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
integra_k20a2 said:
damn the topic of HID is so big and broad that i get so confuzed. :firemad: only if i can learn the basics but i dont even know the basics, and here i am wanting some HID's w/o even knowing anything about them. stupid me. lol

got jdm headlights and dont know which company to go with. anybody know if some company named hellla and catz are better than XenonDepot?

hahah if you feel that confused go to

www.hidforum.com

these guys can help you answer alota question you might need answering but buy whatever makes you happpy

·
...gOt boOst
1,210 Posts
Can't go wrong with the D2R systems!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.