Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning or running my '03 RSX Premium in H Street next year and am looking into rear sway bars. I know there are the usual suspects (Eibach, H&R, Progress) but I'm concerned that some of them might be too much for the stock mounting points and the Progress re-enforcing panels aren't legal in Street.

So I'm thinking of going with a Type R rear bar, if I can find one. Thoughts? (I've competed enough with the car and it handles ok as it is.) Thanks.

Reg

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Pretty sure the ITR rear bar (22mm) is the same size as the RSX rear bar.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Really? Could be. But I found this entry (after I posted, sorry, should have checked first):

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=601070

02-04 Type-S is 19mm
05/06 Type-S is 21mm
ITR is 22mm

I would think an '03 non-S would be 19mm or less. Just wondering if the 22mm with urethane bushings and better end links would be an improvement.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Koopa. I responded to your message yesterday but somehow my response either got blocked or deleted.

Anyway, I found this on this forum after I had posted:

02-04 Type-S is 19mm
05/06 Type-S is 21mm
ITR is 22mm

So I assume my '03 non-S would be 19mm or less. Just thinking of stepping up to the 22mm ITR with urethane bushings.

Does anyone else slalom a base model or was everyone smart enough to go right to the Type-S? :)

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Well shit. Maybe it was the front bar diameter that was the same?

I do gymkhana which is like auto x on a much tighter course, but I don't have a base model (well, I do have a base model ITR). The stock sway bar sizes combined with a decent amount of toe out works well for me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts