Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
9k FTW
3,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think the thread title is pretty self explanatory. I was just wondering if there was any manufacturer who produces a D2r bulb rebased to H1 fitment. I've been wanting to go HID for a while but I wanted to do it as right as I could without retrofitting, because I don not want to spoil the look of the 02-04 housings. I know a D2r should be relatively glare free sine the only real difference between ITR lamps and ours is the HID bulb seat and glare shield turned the other way. TIA

·
Zilla 4 Rilla ©rew #0
16,800 Posts
i think todd has them, i remember about him or dhack talking about them some time ago

·
i have big wang
5,045 Posts
i dont think it is the bulb type that causes glare, it is the bulb and housing combo. a d2r in an h1 would produce glare. in fact, i dont think there are real h1 hids, they are all rebased.

·
Zilla 4 Rilla ©rew #0
16,800 Posts
i know they arent done from the factory, someone actually does it second hand

·
Registered
59 Posts
I've looked around and asked a couple people. They all said no.. lol. If you find a way let me know. pm please!

·
Sneakerhead 4 Life
35 Posts
hidconcept.com sells rebased bulbs and adapters but currently they only have h4 & h7, maybe you could contact and ask them about an adapter for h1

·
RSX-S driven
112 Posts
anybody have any HID recommendations...?(Preferably bright ones) the ones I have rightnow are 8k and H1 bulb type and they are tooooo low....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts